Power button on 2 XL

Eaglestar92

Mar 16, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys,

The power button on my Pixel 2 XL has recently starting working only sporadically (less than 25% of the time.) There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to when it functions and does not. The odd thing is, when the device is plugged in (be it on straight wall power or to a PC), the power button functions better, though still not perfectly. Perhaps a software issue of some kind? I've already tried uninstalling a couple of new apps and cleaning any debris out from around the button itself (not much to be done around there.)

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Try it in Safe mode; if it doesn't work 100% then it's time to contact Google Support for a replacement.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys,

The power button on my Pixel 2 XL has recently starting working only sporadically (less than 25% of the time.) There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to when it functions and does not. The odd thing is, when the device is plugged in (be it on straight wall power or to a PC), the power button functions better, though still not perfectly. Perhaps a software issue of some kind? I've already tried uninstalling a couple of new apps and cleaning any debris out from around the button itself (not much to be done around there.)

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks.

Yeah contact Google support most likely you'll need a replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173