Be wary of purchasing Google Preferred Care

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
28 hours later and 3 calls to Google and I finally gave up and just filed a warranty replacement device online. Unbelievable how difficult they tried to make it. Spent so much time in hold and getting the run around, they tried to tell me I was using a replacement device when it's the phone I originally ordered and matched the imei of that original order. Kind of has me rethinking buying a Google Pixel 4.

MarkMN

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I recently had to deal with Google support for a warranty issue. It's easy to get the the first line of help, and they'll enter the ticket for you, but after that it's a run around. You got to keep after them.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I recently had to deal with Google support for a warranty issue. It's easy to get the the first line of help, and they'll enter the ticket for you, but after that it's a run around. You got to keep after them.

I had that issue with my Pixelbook but not with my p2. With my p2 they sent me a new one right away. It was great. So easy.

With my Pixelbook it took several emails and phone calls with "Clyde" who was obviously someone different every time who didn't or couldn't even read the email chain.
In the end I had some wine and had a meltdown which caused them to finally replace my pixelbook.
But the phone was a breeze to replace lol.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They sent me a new P2 after the original one bricked (and now that I've learned a few things about it, I could have fixed it myself).

Then, when the fingerprint scanner appeared to go bad on the replacement a few months later, they eventually ended up sending me four replacements. No questions, just took the information and a few days later I had another phone (to send back because the weather was getting cold and evidently you have to moisten your fingertip a little when that happens). I even ended up sending a complete system dump to one of the developers, in an attempt to see what was happening - again, one (long - we chatted about development) phone call, one email, and I got a response in a few days. Then the weather got a bot warmer and the original worked again. No problem, they just canceled the problem.

Did I buy the 3? No. Nothing in there but the camera app, and the port to the 2 works fine. Will I buy the 4? Probably not. I'll probably stay with the 2 until the "next great thing" comes out. (I bought the 2 to get a fingerprint reader - I was still using my Note 3 - which still works.) But do I have complaints about Google? Only the price. But I do like monthly updates and betas that are good enough that I'm running Q as my daily driver. And anything with a [guessing here] Snapdragon 885 is going to cost about as much as the Pixel that uses it.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
28 hours later and 3 calls to Google and I finally gave up and just filed a warranty replacement device online. Unbelievable how difficult they tried to make it. Spent so much time in hold and getting the run around, they tried to tell me I was using a replacement device when it's the phone I originally ordered and matched the imei of that original order. Kind of has me rethinking buying a Google Pixel 4.

There support people are horrible!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1