I recently opted into the Android Q beta and was using my phone today when all of a sudden the screen froze. The screen became partially glitched and was unresponsive. Any attempt to restart or hard reset my phone has ended in failure. Plugging it into the computer it registers the QUALCOMM chip but I am unable to access any information.

Any ideas on how to fix this and unbrick my phone? My phone is only 8 months old so would it still be covered under manufacturer warranty even though I am using Android Q Beta? Or will I be forced to buy a brand new phone if I am unable to fix this?
    03-19-2019 04:13 PM
    Such are the risks of running beta software. The beta releases are in no way intended for daily-use devices, nor as a way for every-day users to get the latest features before anyone else, they are intended for app developers to use to ensure their apps will support the new OS or for people with a spare supported device to help Google find bugs.

That said - maybe you can use the tools here to get a working OS back on your phone: https://developers.google.com/android/images
    03-19-2019 05:53 PM
    Any attempt to restart or hard reset my phone has ended in failure.
    This is very unspecific - I have no idea what you've attempted or what 'failure' means.
    1. Have you been able to completely power off the device by holding the Power button down for 30 seconds or so?
    2. Can you boot into the Bootloader or Recovery mode?
    3. When attempting to boot the device do you see the Google logo?
    You could certainly contact Google Support if the phone is completely unresponsive.
    03-20-2019 01:09 AM
    Late to the game, but for others who may be looking:

If you can get the phone into the bootloader* (power and volume down for about 30 seconds, then release the power button first), download a factory ROM from Google | Factory Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices and Deuces Bootloop-Recovery & Flashing Script. Follow the instructions. (There's a zip file in the zip file - you have to extract everything from that zip too.) Run Deuces Boot. Answer "no" to the "Format user data" when it gets to it.

You'll have the latest Pie version on the phone - with your data intact.

*If you can't even get that far, or if you've locked the bootloader after flashing Q (or if you got Q OTA and didn't flash it), contact Google Customer Support. If the bootloader is locked (in Developer options), you can't flash anything. (They can, but you don't have a hardware debugger.)

So note to the wise: If you're going to try betas, unlock the bootloader in Developer options and leave it unlocked after flashing. (Yes, it's a security hole, but putting secure data on a cellphone is a security hole. Cellphones aren't secure, except to the casual user.)
    03-23-2019 12:46 PM