I was looking at the 3aXL but have found 2XL Pandas for £349 in the UK, BNIB.
    05-13-2019 09:43 AM
    I was looking at the 3aXL but have found 2XL Pandas for £349 in the UK, BNIB.
    That's great....Pandas are becoming extinct. 🐼
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-13-2019 10:47 AM
    I was all set to trade in my pixel 2xl for the 3a xl. Just received the 3a xl and I must say I prefer the 2 xl. Besides, I dropped the phone right out of the box and it fell about two feet and slid across a wood floor. Two scratches now on the front, so this dragon glass or what ever its called is a poor substitute to gorilla glass. The only real advantage of the 3a is that its newer and will be officially supported longer. But I'm returning the 3a xl and staying with the 2 xl. Just hope the scratches won't effect the return.
    05-13-2019 03:28 PM
    I was all set to trade in my pixel 2xl for the 3a xl. Just received the 3a xl and I must say I prefer the 2 xl. Besides, I dropped the phone right out of the box and it fell about two feet and slid across a wood floor. Two scratches now on the front, so this dragon glass or what ever its called is a poor substitute to gorilla glass. The only real advantage of the 3a is that its newer and will be officially supported longer. But I'm returning the 3a xl and staying with the 2 xl. Just hope the scratches won't effect the return.
    Are you sure it wasn't just the Oleophobic coating that came off?
    05-14-2019 12:46 AM
    What Mike Dee said could be an explanation. If the scratches are quite obvious then it might affect whether you can return it. But Dragontail glass is better than nothing, even if it’s not as good as Gorilla glass.

Maybe next time you might want to be more careful when opening a new phone from a box, like maybe over a carpet or something XD?
    05-14-2019 11:50 AM
    Are you sure it wasn't just the Oleophobic coating that came off?
    Nope they were two scratches, clearly visible, I could even feel them with my finger. Just waiting to see what google does to my refund besides the 35$ restocking fee.
    05-14-2019 06:55 PM
    Nope they were two scratches, clearly visible, I could even feel them with my finger. Just waiting to see what google does to my refund besides the 35$ restocking fee.
    That's pretty strange that a wood floor wood do that. Not saying it didn't happen that way...just baffling.
    I don't know what their policy is but I would think they would refuse the return since it's damaged unless they are poor at examining returns.
    05-14-2019 09:08 PM
    That's pretty strange that a wood floor wood do that. Not saying it didn't happen that way...just baffling.
    I don't know what their policy is but I would think they would refuse the return since it's damaged unless they are poor at examining returns.
    That's just it, I never use screen protectors on gorilla glass phones and I've never had a scratch. Then a two ft drop onto a wood floor and maybe a 2 inch slide, resulted and two deep scratches. I admitted to the drop, but complained about the phone not having gorilla glass. The return policy does say the refund may be less depending on damage. Hopefully they will let it slide knowing they went with a less proven glass to save money. If not, I'll just sell it and get something back at least.
    05-14-2019 09:18 PM
    That's just it, I never use screen protectors on gorilla glass phones and I've never had a scratch. Then a two ft drop onto a wood floor and maybe a 2 inch slide, resulted and two deep scratches. I admitted to the drop, but complained about the phone not having gorilla glass. The return policy does say the refund may be less depending on damage. Hopefully they will let it slide knowing they went with a less proven glass to save money. If not, I'll just sell it and get something back at least.
    I admire your honesty but it may hurt you. I was going to suggest that a Whitestone dome screen protector might hide the scratches because of the liquid glue that they use but since you don't like screen protectors that might not be an option for you.

Some of those liquid screen protectors might also hide the scratches but I don't believe that they do anything as far as actually protecting the screen some cracking. Some include a warranty so that could be another option.

Maybe Google will let it slide.
    sulla1965 likes this.
    05-14-2019 09:26 PM
    Good luck with your return. But yeah, maybe next time if you have any concerns about your phone’s screen durability then buying a screen protector would be wise...they’re cheap and protect your screen from scratches (budget) to shattering (more expensive ones)
    sulla1965 likes this.
    05-15-2019 01:16 PM
    Very few mentions of build quality. Some of the specs may be comparable but the 2xl has flagship build quality and the 3a is plastic with no gorilla glass.

Argos in the uk have new 2XLs right now for £349 (64gb) and £379 (128gb)
    sulla1965 and forestinjersey like this.
    05-15-2019 01:57 PM
    Good luck with your return. But yeah, maybe next time if you have any concerns about your phone’s screen durability then buying a screen protector would be wise...they’re cheap and protect your screen from scratches (budget) to shattering (more expensive ones)
    I was intending to get a screen protector because it wasn't gorilla glass. Just a freak thing dropping it while just taking it out of the box. Still I was very surprises to see two deep scratches from the short slide across the floor. Yeah I should've just said it came that way, I doubt they'd call me a liar. Again even if they refuse or really low ball me on the return, I can always sell it myself. I mean it works, just has two scratches towards the top. Hurts resell value, but I know someone who sold their s7 with a cracked screen and still got a couple of hundred for it on Ebay.
    05-15-2019 03:44 PM
    Very few mentions of build quality. Some of the specs may be comparable but the 2xl has flagship build quality and the 3a is plastic with no gorilla glass.

Argos in the uk have new 2XLs right now for £349 (64gb) and £379 (128gb)
    Some consumers actually prefer plastic, and a few things that are better on the 3a XL than on the 2 XL: Newer software, headphone jack and a better display.
    05-16-2019 11:49 AM
    I think that's more or less a combination of an objective and subjective point of view. Looking at the specs, it is probably not a justifiable upgrade, at least in my opinion. However, on the subjective side, it all boils down to the potential consumer's take on the two products.
    05-16-2019 01:17 PM
    The only thing the 3a xl has over the pixel is the longer update cycle. I was intending to trade in the 2 xl, but having tried the 3a xl for a bit, I prefer the 2 xl
    05-16-2019 02:18 PM
    The only thing the 3a xl has over the pixel is the longer update cycle. I was intending to trade in the 2 xl, but having tried the 3a xl for a bit, I prefer the 2 xl
    The 2XL is the better device
    05-17-2019 10:11 AM
    The 2 XL overall is the better device and I wouldn’t advise you to get the 3a XL if you own one. However, it is undeniable that while the 2 XL is a better device in many aspects, the 3a XL does have some advantages over the 2 XL.

That’s all I was saying all along.
    05-17-2019 01:02 PM
    I think that's more or less a combination of an objective and subjective point of view. Looking at the specs, it is probably not a justifiable upgrade, at least in my opinion. However, on the subjective side, it all boils down to the potential consumer's take on the two products.
    The 3aXL gives you a lot of bang for the buck if you can overlook a few things. Reminds me of the Nexus 5X in some way. It's a great way to get the Pixel experience at a decent price.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-17-2019 01:10 PM
    Some consumers actually prefer plastic, and a few things that are better on the 3a XL than on the 2 XL: Newer software, headphone jack and a better display.
    The panda/stormtrooper look is not to be underestimated either, I love that design. I picked up a 2xl from Argos, could not resist at that price. The 3xl is so hideous, I’m hopeful for the p4 as I’d like to ditch my phone addiction. 1 droid (pixel) and 1 iPhone and I’m all set.
    Ben_70 likes this.
    05-17-2019 03:24 PM
    The 3aXL gives you a lot of bang for the buck if you can overlook a few things. Reminds me of the Nexus 5X in some way. It's a great way to get the Pixel experience at a decent price.
    Absolutely! To have that camera and software at a lesser price = awesome beans!
    J Dubbs likes this.
    05-17-2019 06:40 PM
    I would say the battery is superior on the 3aXL.
    05-17-2019 10:35 PM
    I got me a panda from Argos and one for my daughter but they were £20 dearer. But I don't mind cos they were still an amazing bargain and my daughter had always wanted a 2XL. I got it for her birthday.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-17-2019 11:22 PM
    The panda/stormtrooper look is not to be underestimated either, I love that design. I picked up a 2xl from Argos, could not resist at that price. The 3xl is so hideous, I’m hopeful for the p4 as I’d like to ditch my phone addiction. 1 droid (pixel) and 1 iPhone and I’m all set.
    True...having a phone reminiscent of a stormtrooper without looking juvenile is quite a feature
    Yesterday 04:43 AM
    I got me a panda from Argos and one for my daughter but they were £20 dearer. But I don't mind cos they were still an amazing bargain and my daughter had always wanted a 2XL. I got it for her birthday.
    What a fantastic birthday gift! The Panda is an amazing gift and an awesome deal! I have a friend who's had a Panda almost since launch and he doesn't want to get rid of it!
    Kirstein Gourlay likes this.
    Yesterday 08:58 AM
    What a fantastic birthday gift! The Panda is an amazing gift and an awesome deal! I have a friend who's had a Panda almost since launch and he doesn't want to get rid of it!
    She got it as an upgrade to my old iPhone 6s
    Morty2264 likes this.
    Yesterday 09:33 AM
57 123