I've had my Pixel 2 (non XL) about 2 months now. I'd noticed on some recent videos that sound has been recording pretty quiet. Anyway I want to confirm what mics there are and which mics should record audio during filming?

If I cover the hole in the bottom edge of the phone next to the usb port, sound records loud and clear from the mic hole on the top edge of the phone, but the other way round the bottom hole next to the USB port doesn't record anything.

I'd have guessed both are mic holes and both should be active during video recording?

Looking online and doing some digging, is this bottom hole next to the usb port actually a Mic? The phone is listed as having 3 mics, with the google website listing one in each speaker grill and one in the hole on the top edge of the phone.

https://support.google.com/pixelphon...57629?hl=en-GB

Also doing some testing...

During a normal phone call the Mic in the bottom grill is active.

During a call on speaker phone the Mic in the top grill seems to be active.

Recording video only the Mic in the hole on the top edge of the phone is active.

Is this right or is there a fault on my device? Seems odd that google list 3 mics (which my testing seems to back up) but yet there is then what seems like a dummy hole for what could have been a mic on the bottom edge?

Thanks
    05-11-2019 01:49 AM
    Is anyone able to check this please? I don't want to start an RMA process if all is as it should be...

Thanks!
    05-13-2019 02:32 PM