Based on the leaked info would you upgrade from a p2xl? According to the leaked info they got rid of the notch, which I am happy about, but got rid of all the physical buttons and the rear fingerprint scanner, which I'm not happy about.

What do you guys think?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-17-2019 05:31 PM
    05-17-2019 05:33 PM
    Not this year. Still enjoying my P2XL
    drenfree likes this.
    05-17-2019 05:52 PM
    Nope not at all.
    05-17-2019 05:53 PM
    See, I am interested in the P4XL BUT I just got a new Panda 2XL and can't really afford the upgrade to the newer phone later this year. So I am likely to keep my new P2XL and forego the P4. The battery life on my new phone is incredible, even on Android Q.
    ImTurningViolet likes this.
    05-17-2019 10:47 PM
    Based on the leaked info would you upgrade from a p2xl? According to the leaked info they got rid of the notch, which I am happy about, but got rid of all the physical buttons and the rear fingerprint scanner, which I'm not happy about.

What do you guys think?
    I was actually going to start a post about this today. I'm wondering if people are going to hold on to their 2 XL another year? I'm not sure yet. I really would like to upgrade, but I don't like notches or hole punches so if the P4 has one I'll probably stay with my 2xl for a while. I like the OnePlus 7 pro, but I don't think anything's going to top the camera that we have on our pixels.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-18-2019 12:45 AM
    If there's a second rear zoom lens I might upgrade. If not I'm happy sticking w my P2xl. The front hole punch cameras and capacitive buttons (if done well) would not be deal breakers although I'm not in love with either feature. Moving the FPS doesn't bother me at all.
    05-18-2019 07:43 AM
    By the time I'm ready to upgrade the Pixel 5 will be coming out. So I'll either buy a 4 at price reduction or a new 5.
    J Dubbs and codeda like this.
    05-18-2019 11:42 AM
    If there's a second rear zoom lens I might upgrade. If not I'm happy sticking w my P2xl. The front hole punch cameras and capacitive buttons (if done well) would not be deal breakers although I'm not in love with either feature. Moving the FPS doesn't bother me at all.
    Most likely secondary wide cam
    05-18-2019 12:23 PM
    Most likely secondary wide cam
    Yeah, that's the rumor and I hope it's wrong. Every other flagship is doing triple rear cameras but for some reason Google seems to think their super res zoom is superior to optical zoom. *Sigh*
    05-18-2019 01:27 PM
    About 50/50 at this point. If there are some decent upgrades then yes, if not my Pixel 2 will do just fine. We'll see.
    05-18-2019 02:23 PM
    Hey, I'd have to completely agree with that. unless there's some decent upgrades my 3xl freaking awesome! And even with decent upgrades Its still awesome...
    05-18-2019 02:49 PM
    My wife loves loves loves the 128gb Panda I handed over to her when I got my 3 XL. I don't think she'll ever upgrade lol.

Me on the other hand, I upgrade yearly. So yes, I'll be getting Pixel 4. Life is too short not to
    eric002 and Eggmundo like this.
    05-18-2019 03:01 PM
    The moving of the fps really bugs me more than anything. Having it on the back just makes so much sense.

I love the camera on my P2XL so much, if they made it even slightly better I'd be fine with it.
    05-18-2019 03:46 PM
    yeah I couldn't agree more with you. Fingerprint scanner get on the back is the only way to go... feel so natural and normal and it's fast why would you move it elsewhere?
    ImTurningViolet likes this.
    05-18-2019 04:57 PM
    Yeah ... I plan on getting the P4, even though my P2 is still working great. I've always kept my phones until they died ... but this time I want to upgrade for a newer camera, that will probably be even better this time! My battery is still working great. I won't mind a hole-punch camera as long as we can keep the front facing speakers. My fingerprint scanner has hardly ever worked, so I don't care where they put it, I get along just fine with a PIN. 10 to 1 they don't get rid of the physical buttons ... that seems kind of silly ... then again, if it WORKED, it'd be kinda cool, as I use the squeeze. I hope they have a great color this year!
    05-18-2019 10:32 PM
    Its to early for me to say either way.
    05-18-2019 11:40 PM
    Yes I'm in for Pixel 4 XL. Current mobile is Pixel 3 XL.
    05-19-2019 12:50 AM
    Yeah ... I plan on getting the P4, even though my P2 is still working great. I've always kept my phones until they died ... but this time I want to upgrade for a newer camera, that will probably be even better this time! My battery is still working great. I won't mind a hole-punch camera as long as we can keep the front facing speakers. My fingerprint scanner has hardly ever worked, so I don't care where they put it, I get along just fine with a PIN. 10 to 1 they don't get rid of the physical buttons ... that seems kind of silly ... then again, if it WORKED, it'd be kinda cool, as I use the squeeze. I hope they have a great color this year!
    Have you put in multiple fingerprints with the same finger? I did it two or three times to make sure all angles were covered. It never fails.
    kmf1 likes this.
    05-19-2019 05:32 AM
    Yeah, that's the rumor and I hope it's wrong. Every other flagship is doing triple rear cameras but for some reason Google seems to think their super res zoom is superior to optical zoom. *Sigh*
    I would also prefer 3, but if we can only have one additional lens, wide angle is more popular. I would get more use out of wide over telephoto.

I don't recall Google claiming their superb res zoom being superior to optical zoom. I do recall them claiming that it was better than other digital zooms, which it seems to be. In the past if I wanted to improve my crops I had to do it manually with software. It was a tedious process and the results weren't as good. It's definitely not a replacement for optical.
    05-19-2019 08:12 AM
    The moving of the fps really bugs me more than anything. Having it on the back just makes so much sense.

I love the camera on my P2XL so much, if they made it even slightly better I'd be fine with it.
    I felt the same way as you did until I got the S10+ to compare. Can't say that I miss the rear sensor. Just hope that if Google goes that route they implement it better than Samsung because it's not as forgiving for dry fingers as the rear sensors.
    codeda likes this.
    05-19-2019 08:16 AM
    Eh, I'm not sure. I dislike in-display fingerprint scanners. I find this new tech to be slower and less reliable than fingerprint scanners. But who knows - maybe by fall 2019 the technology will be further improved.

But the big hole punch notch is not really my thing. The one on the S10e isn't too bad as it's smaller - but the big one that's rumoured on the 4 is a little too large for my taste.

But who knows! I read that the hole punch thing should only be taken with a grain of salt - so I dont want to make any speculations at this point.

But... I just hate to give up my Pixel 2's camera! Not sure any other phone camera can compare!

Edit: Why did I use "but" so often here?
    ImTurningViolet and codeda like this.
    05-19-2019 09:31 AM
    You know something, I'd have to agree with you. As cool as aninnovative feature in Macintosh I just don't see the purpose of it. I like the rear fingerprint scanner of the pixels for imprint.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-19-2019 09:35 AM
    I would also prefer 3, but if we can only have one additional lens, ...
    Why can we only have one additional lens when every other flagship has three? Google admitted that their P3 sales were lousy and I believe that had a lot to do with their hardware choices. They need to up their game in this area if P4 sales are going to improve. This is not a matter of coming out with something new and innovative; it's simply keeping up.
    eric002 likes this.
    05-19-2019 10:57 AM
    Why can we only have one additional lens when every other flagship has three? Google admitted that their P3 sales were lousy and I believe that had a lot to do with their hardware choices. They need to up their game in this area if P4 sales are going to improve. This is not a matter of coming out with something new and innovative; it's simply keeping up.
    I've no idea but I guess Google doesn't feel they need it. It wouldn't stop me from getting it. We all know that Google isn't big on hardware advancements. I don't expect that to change dramatically by the Pixel 4 which is already past design stage. I may skip the Pixel 4 but not because it's lacking.....simply because what I have now with the 3XL and S10+ suits me quite well. The wide angle could tempt me to upgrade from the 3XL but I probably won't be jumping on a preorder.
    eric002 likes this.
    05-19-2019 11:09 AM
48 12