How do I rearrange the order in which my favorite contacts appear in the phone app? I'm running Android Pie on a Google Pixel 2 XL. The order seems to be random and immutable. I'd "like" to be able to rearrange it - or at the very least to understand why it's the way it is.
    06-23-2019 02:53 PM
    Are you running beta q? If so just goto favorites and long press on the contact you want to move and place it where you want
    How do I rearrange the order in which my favorite contacts appear in the phone app? I'm running Android Pie on a Google Pixel 2 XL. The order seems to be random and immutable. I'd "like" to be able to rearrange it - or at the very least to understand why it's the way it is.
    06-23-2019 03:40 PM
    Might also be the same way in pie though I never tried to rearrange mine in pie.
    Are you running beta q? If so just goto favorites and long press on the contact you want to move and place it where you want
    06-23-2019 03:42 PM
    It's the same on Pie. My favs were put in alphabetical order and I'm fine with them staying that way.
    06-23-2019 08:40 PM
    Just be aware that based on usage the OS will randomly rearrange the order of the Favorites in the Phone app. Quite unfortunate that there's not an option to put them in the order you want and have it stay that way.
    06-23-2019 11:38 PM
    Just be aware that based on usage the OS will randomly rearrange the order of the Favorites in the Phone app. Quite unfortunate that there's not an option to put them in the order you want and have it stay that way.
    Strange I've never experienced that. My wife is third in my favs list and I call her WAY more than my other favs, yet she's never been moved up to # 1. They just stay alphabetical.
    06-24-2019 06:50 AM
    Strange I've never experienced that. My wife is third in my favs list and I call her WAY more than my other favs, yet she's never been moved up to # 1. They just stay alphabetical.
    Mine aren't alphabetical, and my husband, who I call the most, is last. I just now made them alphabetical, and I'll check back sometime later to see if they change. I haven't found the "favorites" to be useful ... I always use "recents", or "contacts".
    06-24-2019 10:55 PM