Hello guys!

lately I have noticed that I am not getting notifications on the phone in the real-time when it supposed to come. Etc whatsapp messages, Snapchat notifications, Instagram, Emails... You name it.

What I have realized is that I can see that the Wi-Fi connection gets a "Limitation use" or loses the connection but then reconnects again but whenever that happens then I will stop continue getting any notification and I need to turn off and on pretty often.

What is working is that everytime I turn on to 4G instantly I am getting all missed notifications.

I have asked around in my house and nobody has that issue and I do realize it is only on my side and what I have tried to do is:

- I have bought new Router just incase (Still same issue)
    - I used same SSID for 2.4 and 5GZ (Still same issue)
    - I have seperated 2.4 and 5 (still same issue for each band)
    - Rebooted multiply time, even shutdown during the night (Still same issue

And I believe thats about it.

I am using Google Pixel 2 XL and I am using Android beta 5 and this have been working fine until 2 weeks so I am sure it is nothing related to Beta I believe since I have tried to search around for those problems in beta and nobody seems to have that issue.

I would appreciate all kind of help!
    07-11-2019 03:44 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you using a VPN when connected to wi-fi?
    07-11-2019 05:07 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you using a VPN when connected to wi-fi?
    Hello!

No I am not running anything. I have just uploaded a video and now it has been starting to disconnect and reconnect to Wifi pretty frequently.

https://streamable.com/qxghs
    07-12-2019 06:33 AM
    Does this only happen on your wi-fi network, or have you also tested other wi-fi networks (e.g., public ones)?
    07-12-2019 09:44 AM
    Does this only happen on your wi-fi network, or have you also tested other wi-fi networks (e.g., public ones)?
    I have not been able to do that - I wrote in Reddit aswell and it seems to be an issue that people are actually having on beta - https://www.reddit.com/r/android_bet...mc&sh=bbb9e3b8
    07-12-2019 11:26 AM
    What I have realized is that I can see that the Wi-Fi connection gets a "Limitation use"
    That usually means that you're connected to the router, but the router isn't connected to the internet.

or loses the connection
    Intermittently bad router?

but whenever that happens then I will stop continue getting any notification
    No internet connection, no notifications, because nothing can be sent to your phone.

What is working is that everytime I turn on to 4G instantly I am getting all missed notifications.
    Because you're getting an internet connection.

- I have bought new Router just incase (Still same issue)
    - I used same SSID for 2.4 and 5GZ (Still same issue)
    - I have seperated 2.4 and 5 (still same issue for each band)
    - Rebooted multiply time, even shutdown during the night (Still same issue
    Then it's probably not the router. (That's how you troubleshoot these situations.)

I am using Google Pixel 2 XL and I am using Android beta 5 and this have been working fine until 2 weeks so I am sure it is nothing related to Beta
    To be sure, leave the Beta program and wait for the reversion to Pie. Then see if it's still happening. If it is, it's the phone, it not, it's some strange bug in the latest Beta, and you should report it.

If it's the phone, contact Google, of course.
    07-12-2019 02:56 PM
    I was having this same issue with the notifications, where no matter what Wi-Fi I was connected to, I would not get notifications. I would turn off the Wi-Fi or leave the area and disconnect and get flooded with notifications. Couldn't find anything online so did some digging. Try this:

-Open Settings
    -Select Network and Internet
    -Select Wi-Fi
    -Tap the Gear icon
    -Select Advanced

If you are on a Metered connected, switch it to Treat as Unmetered. I did this and notifications started working as normal!
    08-20-2019 09:01 PM