Pixel 2 XL won't charge with original chargers

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I recently found that my 2XL won't charge with my two original chargers. It'll charge on using a non pixel charger or power bank. Tried rebooting, factory reset, left Android Q beta and cleaned the charge port. I ended up having to return the phone to Google for a replacement. I notice on the Google support forums that there are a lot of people having the same use over the last 4 weeks or so.
Has anyone on here had similar issues?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I have yet to have that happen to my 5" Google Pixel 2, and it's about 16 months old. That's worrisome that this is happening! Maybe the wires in the charger are getting stretched and such with overuse/prolonged use and so that is happening? Hmm, it could be a number of things, really.

Keep us posted on what happens with your replacement!

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I have yet to have that happen to my 5" Google Pixel 2, and it's about 16 months old. That's worrisome that this is happening! Maybe the wires in the charger are getting stretched and such with overuse/prolonged use and so that is happening? Hmm, it could be a number of things, really.

Keep us posted on what happens with your replacement!

Google has issued a replacement 2XL. I'm disappointed that the issue happened. I have 2 orignal chargers , one of which was rarely used. So its 100% not a charger issue. The only thing that I can link it to was the phones battery went below 10% on the day the charging issue happened. I never let it drop below 155 without charging it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Google has issued a replacement 2XL. I'm disappointed that the issue happened. I have 2 orignal chargers , one of which was rarely used. So its 100% not a charger issue. The only thing that I can link it to was the phones battery went below 10% on the day the charging issue happened. I never let it drop below 155 without charging it.

I'm sorry that you are disappointed - and understandably so. Sometimes these things just happen - it's just weird that it happened with the regular chargers!

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry that you are disappointed - and understandably so. Sometimes these things just happen - it's just weird that it happened with the regular chargers!

I received my replacement 2 XL today and the first thing I checked was that the pixel chargers were working and they do so I downloaded Android Q beta again and tested again and both chargers are still charging the phone 👍🏻

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I received my replacement 2 XL today and the first thing I checked was that the pixel chargers were working and they do so I downloaded Android Q beta again and tested again and both chargers are still charging the phone 👍🏻

That's awesome! I'm so glad the chargers are working with your 2XL, even on Android Q! Thank you so much for the update!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski