A little background first:
    I just had to replace my Pixel 2 XL with the Google Store under warranty for an issue with the USB port recently failing(seems to be a common fault). A phone that was otherwise perfect unfortunately.

I can honestly say that I'm a little disappointed in my replacement, maybe even a little cheated by Google as my original device was manufactured on November 02, 2017 while the replacement they sent is an older one manufactured on September 30, 2017. More importantly, I found the replacement device's display to be not as good. While the amount of visible blue shift when tilting off axis may be similar, my original had a much warmer overall tone to it. The new one is on the cool side resulting in poor color accuracy. For an example magentas look purple, whites look blue on it in a side by side comparison.

Anyways I was wondering what manufacturing dates others with recent RMA replacements from Google are seeing?

You can check your manufacture date using a IMEI checker such as LG IMEI checker - search details related to your LG smartphone by IMEI or https://sndeep.info/en
    08-28-2019 08:03 PM
    Don't you think it was probably a refurb so the date could very well be older.
    08-28-2019 10:48 PM
    Tell them the screen is off and get another one. When I dropped my first p2, I had to send back two before I got a good one.

For the record, I ended up selling my replacement and got a 2XL that was used, manufactured at launch, and it's perfect. Even the battery life is still good. I think some of the earlier p2/xls were just lemons.
    09-02-2019 10:14 AM
    yeah I have another replacement on the way now. Oddly enough after I fought with them over the screen being off as they kept giving me the line that display variation is normal and weren't going to do another RMA at first , my USB port died again today (data access and headphone adapter quit working) on my current replacement. On My last phone it was the charging part that broke.

This will be my 4th Pixel 2 XL due to hardware defects once I receive it, as now I have to send back this 3rd one regardless. Hopefully this next one better on both display and other hardware otherwise I'll be RMAing that one too.
    09-07-2019 05:03 AM
    yeah I have another replacement on the way now. Oddly enough after I fought with them over the screen being off as they kept giving me the line that display variation is normal and weren't going to do another RMA at first , my USB port died again today (data access and headphone adapter quit working) on my current replacement. On My last phone it was the charging part that broke.

This will be my 4th Pixel 2 XL due to hardware defects once I receive it, as now I have to send back this 3rd one regardless. Hopefully this next one better on both display and other hardware otherwise I'll be RMAing that one too.
    Jeez good luck!
    09-17-2019 03:54 PM