Android 10 due today...

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Updates usually roll out around 1 PM Eastern in the US. I'm on the fence about upgrading on day 1, my device is enrolled with the MDM at work so I'm concerned about compatibility even though it's using the stock google apps (with the exception of the enrollment framework).

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Google Fi in NYC, and it is installing right now on my Pixel 2XL, so I don't think all that matters.

Last edited:

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I checked for the update at 10:15A... nothing. After class, running errands, I checked again at about 2:15P, and it's loading. Taking a while though. Someone said on another thread that it's taking 7 - 10 minutes ... I am definitely taking longer!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Took about 13 minutes from North Carolina. (Where you are determines the download speed from a particular server.) The full factory image took about 16 minutes. (I usually download them both.)

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
6:13, post-update boot is complete, the second partition is completing the update.

First observations - the clock is still on the left end of the notification bar :)( ), time left on the battery is visible when swiping down on the notification shade, OS version is visible when pulling down the quick settings panel.

I'll play with it some more but I have some other tasks to tend to...

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Updated mine around 4pm eastern, overall good. My biggest problem right now is that my Android Auto app has disappeared. Restarted the phone several times, reinstalled, etc, nothing. Nothing in the app draw, though it shows up in the settings menu under all apps, but no way to open it... thoughts?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Additional change that I noticed. The previous behavior of the display from idle (screen off) was that the AoD-style display would come on if I picked up the phone or double-tapped the screen. That has been replaced with the full lock screen with notifications that I can read rather than the AoD icons.

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Another change I'm noticing -- and appreciating -- is that both the double-tap-to-wake and the swipe-up-to-open actions seem to be functioning better. In the past, I often had to repeat those actions two or three times to make them work.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Updated mine around 4pm eastern, overall good. My biggest problem right now is that my Android Auto app has disappeared. Restarted the phone several times, reinstalled, etc, nothing. Nothing in the app draw, though it shows up in the settings menu under all apps, but no way to open it... thoughts?

So my icon just still MIA, despite showing installed, but it worked as normal when plugged into my truck yesterday. Shame and weird. Should probably try a factory reset, but don't want to lose some stuff and have to do all that atm.