Android 10 due today...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
don't want to lose some stuff and have to do all that atm.
You could install TWRP (you'd have to do one last manual backup, because you have to unlock the bootloader to do that, and that wipes the phone), then you'd be able to do a full backup, system and data (and /sdcard, if you install and run Tipatch), and restore everything in a few minutes.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Updates usually roll out around 1 PM Eastern in the US. I'm on the fence about upgrading on day 1, my device is enrolled with the MDM at work so I'm concerned about compatibility even though it's using the stock google apps (with the exception of the enrollment framework).

My experience. I have the Pixel 2XL. I was in the Beta Q program up until Beta 5 then left the program and rolled the device back to Pie. The device ran fine on the Beta Q with only the odd app quirk. Yesterday I received the official release of Q and installed that. Smooth as butter, with no issues that are deal breakers or concerns with key elements like mail, camera, telephone, contacts, calendar, and texts (Android Messages)

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Updated mine around 4pm eastern, overall good. My biggest problem right now is that my Android Auto app has disappeared. Restarted the phone several times, reinstalled, etc, nothing. Nothing in the app draw, though it shows up in the settings menu under all apps, but no way to open it... thoughts?

Connect it to your auto (if you haven't already) and walk through the set up. I know that no one likes to do this, but a factory rest after a major update is always the best advice.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Connect it to your auto (if you haven't already) and walk through the set up. I know that no one likes to do this, but a factory rest after a major update is always the best advice.
I think the protocol is to clear the cache partition and reboot before a os reset.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Yup, forgot about that dual thing. So it should be clear the cache for individual applications through "Apps & Notifications" in your main settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel