Has anyone else had issues with WiFi since updating? On both my wifi network and my parents I keep getting "connected, no internet" errors. It's not the networks bc I'm literally sitting at my parents next to my wife right now who's Pixel 3a is connected with no issues. When I'm at home I frequently see the error but then it resolves after a few seconds.
    09-22-2019 12:53 PM
    Have you already tried rebooting the router?
    09-22-2019 01:07 PM
    Have you already tried rebooting the router?
    I have on mine at home. I AM gonna try getting my own router setup though. I have ATT at home so right now I have their modem/router going. I'd used my own router with the att one in bridge mode before but was having different issues doing that.
    09-22-2019 01:11 PM
    Yeah, that's a good idea. ISP-provided routers can be pretty wonky. I have a Google Wifi mesh system that works great, and I turn off the Comcast modem/router's built-in router.
    09-22-2019 01:22 PM
    My 2XL will not connect sometimes when waking up from sleep, both at home and the job. I have to turn Wifi off and on in order for it to connect again.
    09-28-2019 10:12 AM
    How often does that happen? If it's relatively frequently, see if it happens in Safe Mode as well.
    09-28-2019 12:10 PM
    Just an update on my end, I just got my Linksys router set back up and have both faster ul/dl speeds as well as better signal strength. So far I haven't had any "connected, no internet" issues at home but did when I was at my parents house again the other day. We both have ATT internet so I'm just going with "ATT equipment is garbage"...
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-29-2019 02:21 PM
    So just to be clear -- you turned off your AT&T modem/router's router feature and are relying on your Linksys as the router, while your parents are still using the AT&T modem/router as their main router? Then yep, you're correct. If your parents are having any issues with wi-fi connection on their devices, then do the same for them -- get an inexpensive router from a reliable company and set it up for them.
    09-29-2019 05:20 PM
    So just to be clear -- you turned off your AT&T modem/router's router feature and are relying on your Linksys as the router, while your parents are still using the AT&T modem/router as their main router? Then yep, you're correct. If your parents are having any issues with wi-fi connection on their devices, then do the same for them -- get an inexpensive router from a reliable company and set it up for them.
    Yep. Enabled pass through on the ATT router and disabled it's wifi broadcast and hooked up my Linksys. Just doing that gave me an extra bar or two a 100+Mbps increase on my wifi speed tests throughout the house... Those isp routers are absolute garbage.

I've done this before at my house but for some reason began having issues with it so I removed the Linksys and turned the Att router back on. Not sure what was causing it but hopefully it stays away. I just wish ATT had a modem only option. That's what I had when I had Cox internet (cable company here) and NEVER had issues. I was even able to use my own modem.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-30-2019 11:55 AM
    I also need to figure out what to do so I don't have to look at this mess every day... For some reason on this house they put the power outlet and att box (converts the fiber to cat5e) ABOVE this counter instead having the plugs near the floor...
    09-30-2019 12:01 PM
    Hey, that looks like my counter!

Maybe get a little monitor stand or something like that, put the modem under the stand (which can hide the cables) and the router on top?
    oks10 likes this.
    09-30-2019 12:10 PM
    Ahhh, I didn't think about something simple like that...
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-30-2019 12:21 PM
    Ahhh, I didn't think about something simple like that...
    Why don’t you run a ethernet cable from the att router to the linksys ?
    My cable/modem’s in my basement, and hooked to my belkin in the living room. I’m never without, even across the street and no drops. Having them so close together may not cause interference, but I wouldn’t. The bonus is you can have multi configurable ap’s.
    Rukbat likes this.
    10-01-2019 08:06 PM
    In addition to Reg Joo's suggestion, you could probably run an RG-11 cable from the internet connection (with a double-female if all they give you is a cable with no outlet - I can't tell if that outlet is live of not) to under the countertop, then get the box off the wall and mount it inside the cabinet. (As long as it doesn't get too hot in that cabinet in the summer.) Or you could run it to the basement or another room. (And shoot the supposed-technician who installed things that way. Back before the break-up, when it was all Bell System, anyone installing a phone that way would get fired for total incompetence. We ran wires into hidden spaces as much as possible. [My kitchen wall phone had no wires showing - they ran through the subfloor and footer, through the kitchen wall, then out to the phone jack, which was covered by the phone. And, no, I didn't do it myself, I was at work when my wife watched the installer working at home.])

There's a right way of doing things, a wrong way, then there's the easy way, which is "wronger than wrong".
    10-02-2019 03:43 PM
    Why don’t you run a ethernet cable from the att router to the linksys ?
    My cable/modem’s in my basement, and hooked to my belkin in the living room. I’m never without, even across the street and no drops. Having them so close together may not cause interference, but I wouldn’t. The bonus is you can have multi configurable ap’s.
    That's what's actually in the picture. Linksys is hooked up to the modem/router and is what my wifi is being broadcast on now. It's just currently a mess of cables bc this location is not at all optimal for organization...
    10-02-2019 10:26 PM
    In addition to Reg Joo's suggestion, you could probably run an RG-11 cable from the internet connection (with a double-female if all they give you is a cable with no outlet - I can't tell if that outlet is live of not) to under the countertop, then get the box off the wall and mount it inside the cabinet. (As long as it doesn't get too hot in that cabinet in the summer.) Or you could run it to the basement or another room. (And shoot the supposed-technician who installed things that way. Back before the break-up, when it was all Bell System, anyone installing a phone that way would get fired for total incompetence. We ran wires into hidden spaces as much as possible. [My kitchen wall phone had no wires showing - they ran through the subfloor and footer, through the kitchen wall, then out to the phone jack, which was covered by the phone. And, no, I didn't do it myself, I was at work when my wife watched the installer working at home.])

There's a right way of doing things, a wrong way, then there's the easy way, which is "wronger than wrong".
    So you can't see in the photo (I'll take another picture later) but this is like a built in desk that has a granite top that matches the kitchen granite. It's just off the kitchen. There's a cabinet up above it which I've considered relocating things to but what makes this thing a pain is that ALL of the connections/outlets are above the desktop, even the power outlet. It worked for the previous homeowners bc they had a giant iMac which covered everything but I just have a Chromebook.
    10-02-2019 10:31 PM