October Update

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
This aggravates the hell out of me! Bought an unlocked phone straight from Google to avoid carrier BS and because I have a T-Mobile SIM in my unlocked, fully paid off phone I can't get prompt updates
Do as mxmarcus did (and I do every month). As soon as the update is ready, download it from Google | Full OTA Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices and install it yourself. The instructions are on the same page.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Do as mxmarcus did (and I do every month). As soon as the update is ready, download it from Google | Full OTA Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices and install it yourself. The instructions are on the same page.
I used to go that route too, but I recently switched to a Chromebook and I don't have a Windows machine. The little bit I've looked into getting ADB on a Chromebook it looks to be a PITA, so sadly side loading is not an option for me at the moment.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
October update is only if you upgrade to Q/10? Updates stop if you stay on Pie?

Unfortunately it sounds like you're being strong-armed into updating to 10 =-O
On the plus side 10 is running great for most of us, and even though I'm not a big fan of os upgrades I'm glad I did this one. It's working just as good as pie in every way with some very nice bonuses :-D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11