My phone is not ringing?

randyjaco

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
A couple of months ago I got a replacement phone (Pixel 2xl). The phone seldom rings when people call. I just get voicemails. My wife thinks that I am just ducking her calls. 😡 Otherwise, the phone works fine.
Is there a solution to this problem? I have checked all my settings. I did the Bluetooth on and off trick. These fixes last a day or two, but shortly it's back to no ringing
Thanks
Randy

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
A couple of months ago I got a replacement phone (Pixel 2xl). The phone seldom rings when people call. I just get voicemails. My wife thinks that I am just ducking her calls. Otherwise, the phone works fine.
Is there a solution to this problem? I have checked all my settings. I did the Bluetooth on and off trick. These fixes last a day or two, but shortly it's back to no ringing
Thanks
Randy
You don't have DND on or digital well being on?

randyjaco

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. The slider is up to max. I have removed it from DND, but before it was set from 10 pm to 6 am. Digital Well-being is off. I never use it. The aggravating thing is that I will make changes and it will ring properly for a while, but a day or two later, it will stop ringing again.
Randy

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. The slider is up to max. I have removed it from DND, but before it was set from 10 pm to 6 am. Digital Well-being is off. I never use it. The aggravating thing is that I will make changes and it will ring properly for a while, but a day or two later, it will stop ringing again.
Randy

Did you try booting it into Safe Mode as well?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Well, it seems to be working now
Thanks for all the responses

As a last ditch effort if it continues giving you problems, I would factory reset it without restoring anything, and if it works fine you'll know it was something you installed, if it keeps giving you problems you'll know the phone is defective ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance