Pixel 2 screen burn

Grich84

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
Hiya,

I'm new here and looking for someone who has any experience of screen burn.

I sent my pixel 2 to Carphone warehouse to be traded in, and have had an email back to say that the payment has been lowered due to the phone having screen burn. This wasn't on the phone before hand as you can see from the picture this is something that stands out.

I guess I just want someone to confirm that it's screen burn, or worst case that it's not and might of been dropped in transit.

pixel 2a.jpg
pixel 2b.jpg

Thanks,

Graham

finzel01880

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I've had my P2XL since about a month after it was newly released. To this day I've had zero issues with screen burn in.
For that matter I also own 2LG OLED HDTV's too. I've also had zero burn in issues with them as well.
I think if you turn up the brightness on these things as high as they will go and leave them there you may run a chance of having it happen but who does that for normal use? I think if you want screen burn and try to get it by putting and leaving your phone/TV on burn you'll get what you pay for but again, at what these things cost why would anyone do that on purpose?

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Grich84! In my case, I got screen burn in near my Pixel 2 XL's 2 year anniversary. Mine appeared to be more like ghosting, where I can see a silhouette of the navigation bar and buttons when there's a light background. Yours appears to look even worse and more pronounced. I'd suggest calling Google directly and with your phone's IMEI, they can determine when your phone was made, then can decide on having it replaced within the 2 year warranty. If it's past it, you can still have it sent to them for repair. Here's the link: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7109524?hl=en, and you can also go to your Settings, then your Tips & Support to talk by chat or phone. Good luck!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Man that's one pretty jacked up screen..... I hope Google helps resolve the issue. Besides the bar across the bottom the screen has some pretty serious discoloration going on as well. The screen issues are what kept me from buying a 2 :O

And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if some rough shipping could have caused that..... like you said that's extremely obvious, if you didn't notice it when you shipped it out it wasn't there.

CellPhOneAGe

Banned
Sep 24, 2019
Visit site
The principle of Pixel 2 burns the screen is caused by the same content continuously displayed on the bottom navigation bar of the screen.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
You are lucky yours lasted so long. My Galaxy S8 purchased in August has my Whatsapp chat with my mom burned in and long story short portions of my screen are slightly brighter than others, there is a big sligjtly pinkish region and the whole display is dimmer than even my old Tab S3 that has no burnin. And worst of all now Samsung store in Albuquerque (nearest big city), so I'm kinda screwed.... Good for you that you managed to send your Pixel in and have them accept the complaint (Samsung isn't always so cooperative for example).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1