This has happened a few isolated cases in the past but now with the lastest November Android 10 update, it's happening several times a day.

I've run Nova Prime Launcher for several years now on a couple of phones including my current Pixel 2XL. Lately, I'll be exiting an app using the back arrow and the Google Launcher will take over my home screen. If I tap the home button the Nova Launcher will be restored.

Or, if I have several apps open and do a small swipe up on the home button so I can swipe left or right to access another open app, the Google Launcher takes over my home screen.

Anybody else experiencing this?
    11-14-2019 02:45 PM
    This has happened a few isolated cases in the past but now with the lastest November Android 10 update, it's happening several times a day.

I've run Nova Prime Launcher for several years now on a couple of phones including my current Pixel 2XL. Lately, I'll be exiting an app using the back arrow and the Google Launcher will take over my home screen. If I tap the home button the Nova Launcher will be restored.

Or, if I have several apps open and do a small swipe up on the home button so I can swipe left or right to access another open app, the Google Launcher takes over my home screen.

Anybody else experiencing this?
    Have you tried going into settings and choose default home Nova ?
    11-14-2019 04:13 PM
    Have you tried going into settings and choose default home Nova ?
    It's already set that way. I suppose I can turn it off and turn it on again.
    11-14-2019 07:04 PM
    I've had that happen a few times lately. If I just close apps & turn the phone off (not power down), all is good after that. I run Smart Launcher, BTW.
    11-14-2019 09:07 PM
    It's already set that way. I suppose I can turn it off and turn it on again.
    Oh ok, mine was different experience kept asking choose default home and wouldn't stay until I did what I recommended to you because none was chosen there .
    11-14-2019 10:06 PM
    In the Settings > Apps > Advanced > Default Apps > Home App I turned Nova off and turned it back on again and I haven't had the problem occur since (2 days ago.)
    11-16-2019 03:59 PM
    Is Battery Optimization turned on for Nova? If so, try turning it off (if the problem persists).
    11-16-2019 05:01 PM
    I have Microsoft Launcher on my P2, and since Android 10 the Pixel Launcher keeps popping up on my Home screen when I hit the back button after a text message (mostly). It's kind of annoying, but I just hit the home button and all returns to normal. However, when I swipe up on the home button to see previously opened apps, nothing happens in Microsoft Launcher, but it works in Pixel Launcher. I hope it gets fixed soon!
    11-18-2019 11:19 PM