P2 won't charge or boot

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey all

P2 is 23 months old - no extended warranty

Today the battery depleted to where the phone shut down and now it won't charge. The last time I saw the battery level around 3pm today it was 10%

Tried 3 different cables and 4 charging options (car USB, car AC adapter, battery pack and wall plug/usb), all known to have worked previously

Phone won't even begin to boot, no charging icon...

So what's next to try?

Rick

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How long did you leave it undisturbed while charging? Let it sit for at least 6 hours on a charger without checking it, and then press and hold Power for about 20 seconds, and see if anything happens.

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, at bedtime I picked it up, held the power button for nearly 60 seconds when the Google G finally appeared. Once fully booted, battery was at 100%

One side of me was pretty upset at the thought of spending all that money on a new phone. The other side of me was drooling over the P4

LOL

Thanks
Rick

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, well I can come over and smash the phone with a sledgehammer if you really want that P4.:p

Glad it worked! Not sure what kind of glitch that was ...

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, i'm glad it's working now

Michael, wasn't aware the warranty was extended... Both me and my wife have very poor cellular strength, 1-3 bars, live 1/4 mile from a cell tower on the Verizon network. Have opened several tickets with Verizon and they say it's not your phone, it's there network but there is nothing that can be done. Maybe I'll call Google and get their take

Thanks again
Rick

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's the network, trust me. For a carrier to admit that, someone who knows more about radio than Verizon's engineers must have come down hard on them.

The solution is to find a carrier with a better signal where you are. (AT&T is the same around here. You'd think the big guys are good ... but sometimes they're bot, There's a whole town here that AT&T basically doesn't cover. No one there could afford AT&T, so they're not worried - extending service to there wouldn't get then any new customers. Verizon probably has the same situation where you are.)

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Rukbat

We live in north San Diego, 1/4 mile from the tower and definitely not out in the sticks. Today we stopped in at Verizon store, one of the guys had a Samsung, only marginally better strength than ours. He said it's not the phone. I then said that where we work and live the strength is this level or worse, he then said well then it is your phones... LOL always trying to make a sale

Rick

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
You really want to avoid running any modern electronic device with a battery completely dead.... it's not uncommon for a device to refuse to take a charge or power back on........ever.

My wife's a sweetheart, but not overly tech savvy... she bought me a cheap but cool looking chinese smartwatch. I charged it up but had to turn it off till I could watch a YouTube video on how to set it up because the Chinese directions were useless. When I got it back out to set it up it wouldn't turn on because the battery was dead. Now it won't charge or turn on.... it's a completely sealed waterproof design (like our phones), so no options to replace the battery or "boost" it awake with a short higher voltage charge direct to the battery contacts, so I've tried the extended charging trick, using a low power adapter, pc USB charging, and now a higher power adapter. But the fact is it's dead and money down the drain because I let it completely drain the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz