Anyone Received the December Security Update Yet?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What happened to your pixel?

I thought I was having some issues with NFC as it related to Google Pay. After doing a reset and having the same issue they sent a replacement. Then the old one started working right but they gave me the option to continue with the swap or send the old one back. Since the old one was now "unreliable" I kept the replacement.

EDIT: and just like that - I go to check for updates again and it's now preparing...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I thought I was having some issues with NFC as it related to Google Pay. After doing a reset and having the same issue they sent a replacement. Then the old one started working right but they gave me the option to continue with the swap or send the old one back. Since the old one was now "unreliable" I kept the replacement.

EDIT: and just like that - I go to check for updates again and it's now preparing...
Nice

mwb1957

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine showed up later in the day.
Now I'm trying to see what changed.
The phone seems to operate better, with no more lag.

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
The system update downloaded and installed on my P2XL yesterday afternoon, when I did a manual check. It was 110MB, but so far I haven't noticed any changes in the device.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed a change. You can actually just swipe down on the screen to pull the notification bar down finally! No more reaching for the top!

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I was walking down the hall at work this morning and just swiped down by accident (habit from years of Nova usage). When it actually did something I literally stopped in my tracks and had to double check that I wasn't going crazy. Lol.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm so glad you got the update! Sorry about your last Pixel!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance