I'm Back, Dumped the Pixel 4 XL

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep, agree with both. Got pixel 3 xl MINT just about a month ago now and glad I did. Dirt cheap and pixel 4 XL never did it got me. Had pixel 2 XL Panda that I handed over to my wife. She loves it. Will see what Pixel 5 XL brings and upgrade both of us to that if there is enough camera improvements by then. Otherwise, riding pixel 3 xl all the way to pixel 6 LOL. Google unlimited storage is active on this phone until Feb 2022, might as well just ride with it until then hehehe.

You have a point - might as well make awesome use of the camera and unlimited photo storage until a worthy successor approaches!

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on my Pixel 2. But I'm hearing rumors of a 4A which still has the fingerprint sensor in back, barely an bezels and brings back the headphone port. If true, I may have to consider that one.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on my Pixel 2. But I'm hearing rumors of a 4A which still has the fingerprint sensor in back, barely an bezels and brings back the headphone port. If true, I may have to consider that one.

I've heard those same rumours! Fingers crossed about the rear-mounted fingerprint scanner!

cwarnar

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site

That's where I'm at as well. My P2 is still chugging but I'm guessing the update cycle is nearing the end for the 2nd gen Pixel devices. Google really kills their own flagship with the mid tier "a" series. If the leaks and rumors are true, the 4a will be my next device.

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
We should be good for updates until about October or so.

That's where I'm at as well. My P2 is still chugging but I'm guessing the update cycle is nearing the end for the 2nd gen Pixel devices. Google really kills their own flagship with the mid tier "a" series. If the leaks and rumors are true, the 4a will be my next device.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
We should be good for updates until about October or so.

Yup ... then only a month until the Black Friday sale for a Pixel 5! I'm thinking that's what I'm going to do as my P2 is still chugging along fast and smooth, and I see no reason to upgrade until we run out of support. I feel guilty thinking about getting a P4 because the P2 is still performing so well!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm going that route as well. My pixel 2 is still fine and I passed on the 4 because the 2 was working so well didn't see a need to upgrade. Going to wait and see what the 5 brings and by then my two will no longer be supported as mentioned and the battery could be failing I suppose in any case it'll be time to look at the 5 and waiting for Black Friday sales is a great idea.

Last edited: