How to turn of sound completely

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I listen to quite a few webinars on my pc. I also at the same time turn the webinar on my Pixel in case I need to wonder around. So both will be running at the same time at my desk.

The problem is I get and echo because I can't turn the sound off completely on my phone. If I hit volume down I still get low volume on the lowest setting.

Anyone know how to turn sound off without putting on airplane mode?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you press Volume Down, then drag the Media Volume slider all the way down, do you see a line appear through the musical note icon (indicating it's muted)?

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
If you press Volume Down, then drag the Media Volume slider all the way down, do you see a line appear through the musical note icon (indicating it's muted)?

Yes, but is still get low volume of the zoom webinars even when I get the muted sign is on. It does mute youtube and audible books 100%. But no reason to ever mute those. Muting a webinar when on the desktop with phone running webinar also would be very nice though. I guess it is an android bug.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that doesn't sound right. If the musical note icon has a line through it, it should be muted, so anything trying to play media audio should be quiet. What app are you using to play the webinar on the app?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So is that the Zoom app, or is it the browser? Regardless, they should only be utilizing Media Audio -- I don't see how it could be playing sound using the Phone Audio or Ringtone/Notification channels.

Can you show us a screenshot of the volume slider when you have it turned down all the way?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad