06-25-2020 01:42 PM
81 ... 234
tools
    Ya, and I might be wrong but does anyone else give 2 year warranties?
    I got my replacement when the phone was 2 weeks past warranty, it took persistence though.

They sent me a replacement when my 6P was bending too so I'm guessing my next phone will be another Google, the free photo storage is a good deal too I think.

BTW, is Google still (basically) contracting out the manufacturing of their phones or have they settled on 1 manufacturer?
    05-18-2020 11:56 AM
    the free photo storage is a good deal too I think.
    I thought that was over with the release of the Pixel 4.
    05-18-2020 12:04 PM
    Didn't know that. I know I get some notification it ends sometime in 2021.
    05-18-2020 12:12 PM
    Ya, and I might be wrong but does anyone else give 2 year warranties?
    I got my replacement when the phone was 2 weeks past warranty, it took persistence though.

They sent me a replacement when my 6P was bending too so I'm guessing my next phone will be another Google, the free photo storage is a good deal too I think.

BTW, is Google still (basically) contracting out the manufacturing of their phones or have they settled on 1 manufacturer?
    The two year warranty was just for the Pixel 2s because there some initial complaints about the screens.
    Last I heard it was Foxconn making their phones. I believe they are now using Samsung screens but I'm not sure on that
    05-18-2020 10:38 PM
    Didn't know that. I know I get some notification it ends sometime in 2021.
    I believe you still get it until 2021.
    05-18-2020 10:39 PM
    I am on my 3rd refurbished phone. Cameras died about two weeks ago. Google told me that the warranty on this current replacement was up at the end of April. Had to go to through all of the troubleshooting steps on the chat with Google even though I had done these prior to getting in touch with them. They said I could send the phone to them for repair. Their website has an estimated cost for repair as $420. Google suggested that I take it to their authorized repair partner which is 40 miles away. UbreakIfix. We'll see what they say it will cost for repair. This is my last Google device.
    06-25-2020 01:42 PM
81 ... 234