pixel 4 is now $300 off. upgrade?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I got the black one. I wanted to get the white one but it was out of stock in 128 gigs. but it's okay I always put a case on my phone anyway. I'm sure I'll be coming here for tips lol
Nice , and definitely any questions we be glad to help..

straygator

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
My Pixel 2XL passed two years of service in March, and simultaneously became fully paid off on the 24-month Verizon plan that enabled me to purchase it for a $400 discount at Best Buy. I had intended to upgrade to a Pixel 4 XL this month, before our annual summer trip to Europe. Because that trip had to be cancelled, however, I'm going to continue using my P2XL -- which still works flawlessly and provides me more than a full day's normal use on a single charge -- at least until I have an opportunity to evaluate the Pixel 5XL in the fall. Assuming I experience no serious decline in the functioning of my P2XL during the months ahead, one significant benefit of postponing a change is the ability to continue enjoying the unlimited Google Photos storage through the end of this year. Frankly, I think it's going to be difficult for any device to surpass the performance and reliability of the Pixel 2XL, but I'm encouraged by the positive experiences being reported by satisfied owners of the Pixel 4, and remain hopeful that the Pixel 5 will arrive with even more enhanced features.

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. my P2XL's USB port is worn down and I have to play with the charging cords a lot to actually get a charge going so I'm tempted to get the 4XL at this nice price but I'm also interested in the OnePlus 8 Pro 😩

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. my P2XL's USB port is worn down and I have to play with the charging cords a lot to actually get a charge going so I'm tempted to get the 4XL at this nice price but I'm also interested in the OnePlus 8 Pro 😩

The OnePlus 8 pro looks really sweet! I bought the 4XL and I'm trying it out. I really like it, except there's no saturated mode on the phone so the colors aren't as vibrant as I'm used to. And I do miss the fingerprint sensor lol

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The OnePlus 8 pro looks really sweet! I bought the 4XL and I'm trying it out. I really like it, except there's no saturated mode on the phone so the colors aren't as vibrant as I'm used to. And I do miss the fingerprint sensor lol

How are you finding the size of the 4 XL, and the gestures?

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Is the battery as bad as they say? Pretty crazy Google isn't making their phones at 4000 mAh or higher. Even the budget Samsung ones are doing so.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Is the battery as bad as they say? Pretty crazy Google isn't making their phones at 4000 mAh or higher. Even the budget Samsung ones are doing so.

So far the battery has been fine for me. I can definitely get through a day. I think the most I've had so far is 5 hours of on screen time. But I do have to use my phone a lot with navigation and I know that drains the battery.

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
So far the battery has been fine for me. I can definitely get through a day. I think the most I've had so far is 5 hours of on screen time. But I do have to use my phone a lot with navigation and I know that drains the battery.
That's not too bad, I'll probably upgrade to that phone when this older 2 XL starts acting up or gets too old, thank you. 5 hours is respectable. Here is a comparison vs all other current flagships, bear in mind that they are using Exynos not Snapdragon on the S20.

https://youtu.be/nYY2tqrIRYE

Last edited:

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
My Pixel 2XL passed two years of service in March, and simultaneously became fully paid off on the 24-month Verizon plan that enabled me to purchase it for a $400 discount at Best Buy. I had intended to upgrade to a Pixel 4 XL this month, before our annual summer trip to Europe. Because that trip had to be cancelled, however, I'm going to continue using my P2XL -- which still works flawlessly and provides me more than a full day's normal use on a single charge -- at least until I have an opportunity to evaluate the Pixel 5XL in the fall. Assuming I experience no serious decline in the functioning of my P2XL during the months ahead, one significant benefit of postponing a change is the ability to continue enjoying the unlimited Google Photos storage through the end of this year. Frankly, I think it's going to be difficult for any device to surpass the performance and reliability of the Pixel 2XL, but I'm encouraged by the positive experiences being reported by satisfied owners of the Pixel 4, and remain hopeful that the Pixel 5 will arrive with even more enhanced features.
My last 2 phones had bootloop and restart issues, different manufacturers LG and Motorola while that could have been a coincidence I don't see myself getting any further devices from any Best Buy stores down the line.

Currently using the Verizon Pixel 2 XL directly from the the Verizon store. So far so good really liking it even if I'm unable to unlock the bootloader and root.

Phones bought from Best Buy were the below models:
Verizon LG G4
Verizon Motorola Moto Z2 Play

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome