pixel 4 is now $300 off. upgrade?

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So I've been thinking about upgrading my Pixel 2 XL to the 4XL but never wanted to pay that full price. Now the phone is $300 off. Just wondering if I should finally do the upgrade or not. Has anyone upgraded from a Pixel 2?

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, when buying tech, the waiting game can only benefit you. If you look at your phone, and you can say that you're perfectly fine with it, then stick with it until you see a device or features that feel like they have your name written all over it. The longer you wait, the cheaper the price will go (to a certain extent). Plus you've got a few more months till security updates stop for your phone. I'd honestly say ride it out until the end, then jump, when I bet the discount will be greater (TMobile is selling Pixel 4's for $500 right now, and that price can only get lower).

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I tried the the P4 XL and could find no advantage to it over my P2 XL...I couldn't see any speed difference or camera quality difference. Ended up passing it on to a family member...They like it...but the phone they had was crap. I'll upgrade when monthly security updates stop...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I've been thinking about upgrading my Pixel 2 XL to the 4XL but never wanted to pay that full price. Now the phone is $300 off. Just wondering if I should finally do the upgrade or not. Has anyone upgraded from a Pixel 2?
If you can get it at great price definitely , pixel 4xl gas become my favorite pixel from 2xl,3a,3xl

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I tried the the P4 XL and could find no advantage to it over my P2 XL...I couldn't see any speed difference or camera quality difference. Ended up passing it on to a family member...They like it...but the phone they had was crap. I'll upgrade when monthly security updates stop...

That's what I was thinking about also, it would be nice to have a phone that will get upgrades for the next few years

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Have you noticed any speed increase from the 2XL to the 4XL?
Yes , the smoothness of 90hz and the SD855 with 6gb ram. The speaker are also better/display.
It's a pixel 2xl on steroids lol and for me the battery is the best I have gotten on a pixel phone.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I think it's a definite noticable difference imo as well ...it's so fluid at 90hz ...you can always get better prices the more you wait but you will always be waiting lol ...I say go for it ..

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes , the smoothness of 90hz and the SD855 with 6gb ram. The speaker are also better/display.
It's a pixel 2xl on steroids lol and for me the battery is the best I have gotten on a pixel phone.

Wow That's cool. I'm starting to notice a little bit of lagging on my Pixel 2 XL. Here and there. I assumed the 4 xl is really smooth because of the processor

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I think it's a definite noticable difference imo as well ...it's so fluid at 90hz ...you can always get better prices the more you wait but you will always be waiting lol ...I say go for it ..

Thanks! You guys are really making my decision easier lol