Looking for an app that will allow me to EASILY transfer files from PC to phone or phone to PC. Also would like to be able to text message from my PC.

I recently upgraded a Win7 machine to Win10 and I see there is a Windows App called Your Phone that might allow me to do these things. However, it's unclear if I can move photos from my PC to my phone. These would be Photoshopped items or screen grabs.

What app do you use to transfer files to/from phone/PC and text message from PC? What other features and actions can you do with your preferred app?
    04-17-2020 12:16 PM
    Personally haven't connected my phone to my PC in well over 5 years. Depending what it is I occasionally just use Google Drive, otherwise I'll pull the SD card or plug a flash drive in.

What carrier do you have? Some of them have their own texting app that can sync to a PC. I know Verizon has for a few years, I think T-Mobile does it too.
    04-17-2020 12:20 PM
    I use Messages for Web: https://support.google.com/messages/..._topic=7502209

I also use Google Drive (or Google Photos) as a means of accessing or transferring files.
    04-17-2020 12:56 PM
    Yes, I know how to use Google Drive for file transfers. But I would simply like to drag and drop files from my PC to my phone or from phone to PC. Or else use copy-and-paste from one folder to another. I really don't want to use Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive as an intermediary step. A bonus would be if this same app would allow me to text message from my PC.

I'm running Verizon Message+ as my texting app and yes, it does have the ability to text from your PC. I'll probably implement that as a PC texting solution.

For a while I had ASUS file manager on my phone and it allowed folder to folder transferring of files from phone to PC and vice versa. But for some reason that feature on the app quit working. I chalked it up to an update in either Android OS or a Google Pixel security update.
    04-17-2020 02:42 PM
    I was also using the Asus app but it also stopped working on the network for me. I now use CX File Explorer.

For a while I had ASUS file manager on my phone and it allowed folder to folder transferring of files from phone to PC and vice versa. But for some reason that feature on the app quit working. I chalked it up to an update in either Android OS or a Google Pixel security update.
    04-17-2020 07:03 PM
    I was also using the Asus app but it also stopped working on the network for me. I now use CX File Explorer.
    Installed CX File Explorer and gave it a try. It won't allow me to wirelessly send files from my PC to phone. I can send files from my phone to my PC, no problem, but not the other way 'round.
    04-23-2020 12:58 PM
    Installed CX File Explorer and gave it a try. It won't allow me to wirelessly send files from my PC to phone. I can send files from my phone to my PC, no problem, but not the other way 'round.
    I do it back and forth between W7 and the Samsungs.
    You need the driver for Windows to do that though.
    I have Samsung Kies installed on Windows ie the driver.
    04-23-2020 01:08 PM