Google Pixel 2 Design (concept)

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure we are all hoping that Google continues the 'Pixel' line of devices and that we can get our hands on a 'Pixel 2' at the end of the year. 😃

But before that happens, we need concepts. So here is the first one I have found. It looks to be combining the Galaxy S8 with the current Pixel design.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 3379.jpg
    3379.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 168

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
the first thing they should do is to replace the ugly half metal/half glass back design.

Haha yeah, I was always confused with that design decision. Maybe even had an all glass back?

It definitely grows on you. Besides, you never looking at the back of the device so it doesn't really matter that much. :) I'm very excited to see what the next pixel looks like. Anything straight from Google I love.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure we are all hoping that Google continues the 'Pixel' line of devices and that we can get our hands on a 'Pixel 2' at the end of the year. 😃

But before that happens, we need concepts. So here is the first one I have found. It looks to be combining the Galaxy S8 with the current Pixel design.

What do you guys think?

Looks good, but made two slight tweaks (one obvious, one less so) to the design that would make it a whole lot better, IMO.

Pixel 2.jpg

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
For me - give it the same exact body so cases/accessories still fit.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Looks good, but made two slight tweaks (one obvious, one less so) to the design that would make it a whole lot better, IMO.

I agree with your 2 design changes. Front Facing speakers would be a nice addition and while an All metal body is nice, that normally means no wireless charging and also make reception a little harder. but, if Google can pull it off. Ill be happy customer. :)

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Just the screen change would be good. I like the half and half look of the current phone on the back. If they include wireless charging and make the back glass from the same material as the front, then I would be for the change to a glass back, but I don't need it just from a design standpoint.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If they ... make the back glass from the same material as the front...

According to Google, they do use the same Gorilla Glass 4 for both the front screen and rear shade... I think it's 'alternative-same' as the back absolutely will scratch when exposed to materials softer than those that do not scratch the front.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I like that front deisgn. I hope Google go with the 18:9 ratio and small bezels like the Galaxy S8/G6. Definitely the way of the future.

Back metal/glass hybrid can go. Would actually love if they have similar backs to what HTC did with the U11. I think that looks beautiful.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Here is another concept design. This one done by 'DPS'. I would be really happy with this. Slimmer bezels on the front, dual camera set up on the back. 😃 Ticking all the boxes. Maybe a 5.3" and 5.8" inch screen with the same physical size.

Attachments

• 12942.jpg
    12942.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 133

odin09

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Well if the current rumors are correct Google will not follow any of these concepts. Instead we get the same giant outdated bezels. No idea where the logic is on that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie