From AP: This is the Google Pixel 2 XL

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Taimen

Exclusive: This is the 2017 Google Pixel "XL," with low-bezel AMOLED display and squeezable frame

nexus2cee_p2xl_close_thumb.png

Long, flat screen, AMOLED, very familiar design language but different enough to feel in line with the S8 and G6 devices (and the new iPhone).

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, I still wish it wasn't gonna be 2:1, but I already resigned myself to that, so waddaya gon'do? I am still holding out hope for two front-facing speakers. As I recall, Google kept the bottom speaker of the 6P a mystery pretty much right up until the day of the reveal, so fingers frickin' crossed!

The big question now, though, is why's it squeezable if HTC's not making it?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Alright, very happy with this design.

Glad they're going with the 18:9 screen with minimal bezels. I wasn't a fan of the dual glass/metal back and I'm still not sold on it, but it looks better here due to it being reduced in size. Interested to see how LG's AMOLED panels are as well. Samsung have come a long way in terms of ensuring no burn in, great brightness etc, so hope LG's screens are just as good.

Overall, it looks great. Can't wait for reveal/release.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Saw this earlier and it looks awesome!!! I still prefer the wider screen but I can be on board with this. I was going to jump ship to Samsung but so glad Google came through in the clutch. It may seem that I'll stick with them for the foreseeable future.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I think it looks good 😃 Slimmed the front screen top and bottom bezels, make the glass panel at the back smaller and added a little PX-41 serum to the camera! look huge. Excited to see some camera samples. expecting great things. 😃

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Definitely wanted dual cameras on the back but oh well....... Probably will skip this one as a result to be honest. It's something I feel will become the norm after a while and honestly takes amazing pics as a result.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Alright, very happy with this design.

Glad they're going with the 18:9 screen with minimal bezels. I wasn't a fan of the dual glass/metal back and I'm still not sold on it, but it looks better here due to it being reduced in size. Interested to see how LG's AMOLED panels are as well. Samsung have come a long way in terms of ensuring no burn in, great brightness etc, so hope LG's screens are just as good.

Overall, it looks great. Can't wait for reveal/release.
LG's AMOLED display is a big concern for me. I want burn-in resistance at least as good as Samsung's and I want a warmer display temperature.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Looks nice but I wish they'd do all metal or all glass on the back. Not a huge fan of the two materials on the back.