From AP: This is the Google Pixel 2 XL

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So, larger than the S8 then. I am hoping to see a visual representation of the physical differences sometime soon. Thanks for responding.
Yes, the S8 is a 5.8" 18.5:9 display and this is a 6.0" 2:1 display. It's going to be a little taller and since it doesn't have those terrible edge display sides, also slightly wider. Very minimal difference though for overall size.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, I still wish it wasn't gonna be 2:1, but I already resigned myself to that, so waddaya gon'do? I am still holding out hope for two front-facing speakers. As I recall, Google kept the bottom speaker of the 6P a mystery pretty much right up until the day of the reveal, so fingers frickin' crossed!

The big question now, though, is why's it squeezable if HTC's not making it?

Well with rumors of HTC making the smaller pixel, maybe that is why this one is also getting the squeeze treatment.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm so relieved it's not going to look like the S8+. I was going to say the S8+ looks like a plank of wood but I just realized it is a two by four!

I loved the size of my Nexus 6, and now enjoy the size of my Nexus 6p. The pixel XL was just too small in the hand for me.

It sounds like you want a tablet, not a phablet. The Pixel XL was too small? I've never heard that one before.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you want a tablet, not a phablet. The Pixel XL was too small? I've never heard that one before.

A lot of people wanted a Nexus 6 successor - that said, the new XL isn't much bigger than the XL. They're almost the exact same width and just different heights. It's actually slightly taller than the Nexus 6.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Haha, maybe I do! When I pick up a friends' phone and it's smaller, it feels like a toy. I guess it's about the size of the display also.

Nexus 6 = 5.96", Nexus 6P= 5.7", Pixel XL = 5.5"

The N6 was my favorite sized display. I gave up some going down to the N6P, couldn't go less with the XL.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Here's just the XL, Taimen and Nexus 6. The Taimen is slightly taller than the 6 and almost exactly the same width as the XL.

taimen n6 xl.jpg

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
That Pixel XL looks tiny next to the Nexus 6. Can't say I like the shape of the PXL2. Too tall and too thin. It's going to fall out of most pockets.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I like the smaller bezels. Just hope it is not too thin. Please keep it as wide as the Pixel XL is now.....

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Haha, maybe I do! When I pick up a friends' phone and it's smaller, it feels like a toy. I guess it's about the size of the display also.

Nexus 6 = 5.96", Nexus 6P= 5.7", Pixel XL = 5.5"

The N6 was my favorite sized display. I gave up some going down to the N6P, couldn't go less with the XL.

Exactly! I love the size of my Nexus 6 and I just couldn't go down to 5.5. No way! I'll upgrade to the new Pixel XL. The Note 8 is still in play though.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Exactly! I love the size of my Nexus 6 and I just couldn't go down to 5.5. No way! I'll upgrade to the new Pixel XL. The Note 8 is still in play though.

I have the S8+ and it is a awesome phone.....but....that FPS is just a pita all the way. I know I can use iris scanning to facial recognition to unlock my phone. But its still not as fast as a correctly located FPS. That is my concern with the Note 8 as well.

BrianEmbry

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
People complain about the rear design on the original Pixel but, I like that design. Just for the fact that it is just different than all the other plain slabs of metal or glass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis