June update available now for Pixel 3/3XL.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Currently downloading June update. Took a half hour to get to "restart phone to finish update" for me.

82995b5714fb35adcf3e71e657a2bd90.jpg

Last edited:

stevenjb2020

Oct 1, 2019
Visit site
After the June update, Pixel 3a, I now see a blue (person head in a circle) at the right top next to the battery indicator on the lock screen.

Any info on why this is displayed?

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It disappears when the phone is unlocked

I think there is a setting in which it let you change users form home screen. If you turn it off, it won't show on your home screen anymore.

Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Multiple users -> then turn off Add users from lock screen if it is checked..

Also, check multiple users function OFF on top of page.

stevenjb2020

Oct 1, 2019
Visit site
I think there is a setting in which it let you change users form home screen. If you turn it off, it won't show on your home screen anymore.

Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Multiple users -> then turn off Add users from lock screen if it is checked..

Also, check multiple users function OFF on top of page.
Ah, that is interesting, thanks for the reply.
I took the afternoon method and did a factory reset of the phone - that seems to have worked.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts for the June security update / feature drop are this: On my pixel 3xl, my OS and app behavior seems a lot smoother more fluid faster. For example launching the camera then quickly flicking into portrait mode seems smoother. Launching applications seems smoother. Battery life seems to last a little bit longer which is nice!

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts for the June security update / feature drop are this: On my pixel 3xl, my OS and app behavior seems a lot smoother more fluid faster. For example launching the camera then quickly flicking into portrait mode seems smoother. Launching applications seems smoother. Battery life seems to last a little bit longer which is nice!
I agree. My complaints before about miss-taps or slow transitions have pretty much disappeared.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree. My complaints before about miss-taps or slow transitions have pretty much disappeared.
Yeah, so far, when I lost the camera and then quickly flick over to the portrait mode the camera would glitch up and almost freeze for a second. That transition seems smoother. Most app interactions seem smoother. Thankfully... It makes the phone feel newish again lol I'm just waiting on the Android 11 beta program like we all are!

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, so far, when I lost the camera and then quickly flick over to the portrait mode the camera would glitch up and almost freeze for a second. That transition seems smoother. Most app interactions seem smoother. Thankfully... It makes the phone feel newish again lol I'm just waiting on the Android 11 beta program like we all are!
I used to do every beta until I had a ton of issues on beta 10. Learned my lesson on jumping into it too soon. I'll wait and see how usable as a daily it will be

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I used to do every beta until I had a ton of issues on beta 10. Learned my lesson on jumping into it too soon. I'll wait and see how usable as a daily it will be
you know honestly, I used to feel that way about the beta programs. But then again other than getting every Google security and feature drop update straight from Google pixel, this is the second best advantage of having to pick some of the vice verses other Android phones if you know what I mean! Yeah, I do agree, Android 10 beta program the main issue that I had was my Android Auto was half broken which drove me nuts and I submitted bug and crash reports etc etc. Yeah, I'm just hoping I don't have any major glitches with Android 11 beta! But it's also very fun to be a beta pig in the same respect to see what Google has been putting up in the oven so to speak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma