App suggestions and Icon shape options missing!?

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed since the May update that my app suggestions are missing. Used to be when I would swipe up I would get a list of recent apps. That is no longer presented. Only thing that happens now when I swipe up is I get the whole app drawer. Going into the home settings I have noticed the toggle for this and icon shapes are no longer present on my phone. My only choices now are Notification Dots, At a Glance, Display Google App, Allow Home Screen Rotation. Suggestions?

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
So I see that the icon settings have been moved to styles and shapes. Which just leaves the issue where I no longer see any recent app suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you accessing the Home Settings by long-pressing a blank part of the homescreen? I still see Suggestions there. Did you just get the June update (because I haven't yet)?

Also try clearing the app cache for the Pixel Launcher app.

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes to the long press on home screen. I cleared the app cache. Force stopped and re booted. No joy. And yes I checked for and got the June update today. But my issue was happening before today.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You don't have any 3rd party launchers installed as well, do you? If so, try uninstalling them, just in case they're interfering somehow.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you tap About, what version does it say -- 10?

You might want to try clearing the app data from the Pixel Launcher app as well, although this will wipe your homescreens, so you'll have to set them back up again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes to the long press on home screen. I cleared the app cache. Force stopped and re booted. No joy. And yes I checked for and got the June update today. But my issue was happening before today.
Clear Data,cache and force stop pixel launcher

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
So your Suggestions option is missing from the Launcher (Home screen) settings menu when you long press on a home screen? Is that the issue?

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Sigghhhhh. Well thanks for the input. I'll decide if I want to go that route. I do have a lot of folders I would have to re setup. Not that big a deal. Just don't want to LOL.