Joining Android 11 Beta.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I also miss being able to access the app drawer from within other apps! I found that to be very handy ... swiping up while in an app, or anywhere really, to get to all your apps was a big reason why I always stuck with the stock launcher.
I mean I can sort of understand what you're talking about, however, it's not too big of a deal to me. I like the bigger app look within the overview multitasking mode.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately that's exactly what happens. That's why most people don't roll back to the older version of Android. They don't want to risk it.

At least you can roll back, but it seems like that comes with a pretty hefty price tag of having to factory reset. I've never done betas before - I just wait for the OS update. :)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
At least you can roll back, but it seems like that comes with a pretty hefty price tag of having to factory reset. I've never done betas before - I just wait for the OS update. :)
Yeah, I was just about to say that. Rolling back to a stable previous version of the operating system, comes at a very hefty price!

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I mean I can sort of understand what you're talking about, however, it's not too big of a deal to me. I like the bigger app look within the overview multitasking mode.
I admit I don't use multitasking mode as often as I should... guess I will have to get accustomed to going that route moving forward.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I admit I don't use multitasking mode as often as I should... guess I will have to get accustomed to going that route moving forward.
I mean I'm guessing a few of you guys here don't use multitasking / overview mode here on your pixels! It's quick for switching between apps of course. That's the point of it. Talking between camera, photos, any app you need to. I also love using split screen mode for running two apps simultaneously at once!

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm curious on 1 thing about beta. If there's anyone who has had sensor failure on their 3 or 3XL like me and a lot of folks, wondering if beta has fixed the sensor issues. Thanks.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious on 1 thing about beta. If there's anyone who has had sensor failure on their 3 or 3XL like me and a lot of folks, wondering if beta has fixed the sensor issues. Thanks.
Yes I'm sorry, I can't speak to this. Hopefully someone else can chime in though.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I miss the suggestions when listing recent tabs. Used to be pretty handy. Now suggestions moved on to home screen which is fine but I liked them as part of recent tabs.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I miss the suggestions when listing recent tabs. Used to be pretty handy. Now suggestions moved on to home screen which is fine but I liked them as part of recent tabs.
You know honestly the suggestions even on the home screen I don't even use, because everything on my phone is organized into folders. I mean I know exactly where all my apps that I need to use are.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in another Android 11 beta forum, my phone has one issue we didn't have in beta 2. I had to disable my Android messages chat bubble heads because my Gboard constantly force crashes. Send Google two different bug logs up already. Beta 2 my Gboard worked fine. So I don't know what's going on but in the latest beta and the one closest to finalization something's wrong. Which is pretty annoying. I love my chat head bubbles.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No, sorry I haven't. The only thing weird in Android Auto on my Pixel 3 XL with Android 11 beta 3 is when I say the Google catch phrase to say command, my music audio doesn't automatically resume. I have to hit the source button in my car and click Android Auto option again to get the music to continue playing. other than that everything else pretty much functions well. For you, try to clear the cache and storage of Android auto app on your phone maybe that'll help.

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
No, sorry I haven't. The only thing weird in Android Auto on my Pixel 3 XL with Android 11 beta 3 is when I say the Google catch phrase to say command, my music audio doesn't automatically resume. I have to hit the source button in my car and click Android Auto option again to get the music to continue playing. other than that everything else pretty much functions well. For you, try to clear the cache and storage of Android auto app on your phone maybe that'll help.

I'll try that. Thanks.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed a distinct lag in calling via the bluetooth in my car since updating to the beta. Response to fast dial numbers is quick but once I choose there is a long lag before it finally starts dialing. Anyone else?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll try that. Thanks.
Absolutely, Glad to help! Yeah, other than those two issues on my phone of Gboard crashing and Android messaging chat bubble heads, and that weird Android Auto audio issue, my phone's running fine. I just hope that in the final production version of Android 11 those issues are resolved in my phone. Considering I've reported them to Google so many times it's a little annoying. Lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance