Pixel 3 owners: what's your next phone?

DRDonSpanky

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
I have the 3 XL and have been loving it compared to all the Samsung's I've owned in the past. No bloatware and the 128 GB is plenty without any need for a SD card. Been eyeballing all of the rumors out there about the 4A which should have fingerprint sensor. Did not care for the 4 because of that. Would probably get a 5 or 4A if they become available soon. Don't care about being teased forever. As far as the previous builds it seems Google is still trying to get it right. With extra RAM and a larger battery I would have to stay with a Pixel.

Alexander Heckman

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
Probably going to switch to Oneplus soon I'm very disappointed with my pixel 4xl. Don't get me wrong it's still a good phone. I was just expecting it to be great and it's not given the price when I got it. I had an iPhone 11 pro for 6 months and I used that more as my daily driver than the pixel. The only thing I'm reluctant to give up is the camera, the camera is absolutely the best I've ever seen on any camera I've tested on a smart phone. I've compared it to the current and previous line up of the Samsung Galaxy s and multiple flagships from other manufacturers including LG and oneplus line and Google just has it right. And the UI of the camera is just simple. It's not cluttered with tons of buttons and useless features that 75% of the general consumers don't use. In the end for 1000$ the pixel 4xl is a mediocre phone at best not a flagship device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Probably going to switch to Oneplus soon I'm very disappointed with my pixel 4xl. Don't get me wrong it's still a good phone. I was just expecting it to be great and it's not given the price when I got it. I had an iPhone 11 pro for 6 months and I used that more as my daily driver than the pixel. The only thing I'm reluctant to give up is the camera, the camera is absolutely the best I've ever seen on any camera I've tested on a smart phone. I've compared it to the current and previous line up of the Samsung Galaxy s and multiple flagships from other manufacturers including LG and oneplus line and Google just has it right. And the UI of the camera is just simple. It's not cluttered with tons of buttons and useless features that 75% of the general consumers don't use. In the end for 1000$ the pixel 4xl is a mediocre phone at best not a flagship device.
Hi, welcome to AC!

waggers1

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
I'm currently still using my Pixel 2 and I'm extremely happy with it, particularly the clean android with no bloatware forced on me. The battery is starting to get a little limited so I'll be looking at a Pixel 5 later this year I think. Frankly, I wouldn't buy anything but another Pixel

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Been changing phone brands ever since I started using smartphones. Never to Apple/Samsung though. Went from HTC One, Sony Z3, LG G4, Xiaomi Mi A1, then finally to Google Pixel 3.

Google Pixel experience has been the best thus far. Can't imagine going to another brand now, unless it is for a secondary phone (which I don't normally do). Camera is still amazing and doesn't let me down.

Will stick it out with my Google Pixel 3 for another year or more, especially with the unlimited Original Quality Google Photos backup. Still does tasks quickly and is as responsive as I need it to be.

If I do decide to upgrade, will likely stay with Google Pixel lineup. Perhaps one of the mid-range models, which seem to be good value buys.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
I have had 4 defective pixel 3xl's, and had to factory reset this one as well. I am done, probably going to switch to iPhone. I just want a phone were it always works perfectly. I can't believe I paid 1200 for this price of crap.

Harold Lee Grammer

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I went from a LG-V10 to the 2XL pretty close to it's release date. I've no plans to upgrade anytime soon but when I do I'll stick with the Pixel line. I've enjoyed the smooth operation and timely updates.

Helios247

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
They are leaking Pixel 4 phones. Not Pixel 5 phones.
There is a 4A, 4A XL, 4A XL 5G
The Pixel 5 will be released/leaked in the coming months

roburwin

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
After 8 years of yearly Nexus and Pixel purchases, I am going to OnePlus for my next phone.

With the delay of both the Buds and 4a and how the 5 looks right now, doesn't leave me with much confidence in the future of the pixel line of phones.

James Dingman1

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
I've been a Google phone user since the old Nexus days. I dumped my pixel 2 XL for a pixel 4 XL the day they were introduced. What a mistake! I really dislike this phone. Facial recognition works maybe 60% of the time. There's a bunch of useless stuff here, too, like that gesture business that only works with music. I have had fantasies of calling Google and offering to trade my phone for a Pixel 3 or something. There may not be a next phone for a long time unless the frustration just overwhelms me. And if that happens it's damn sure going to be something with a fingerprint sensor that works all of the time.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been a Google phone user since the old Nexus days. I dumped my pixel 2 XL for a pixel 4 XL the day they were introduced. What a mistake! I really dislike this phone. Facial recognition works maybe 60% of the time. There's a bunch of useless stuff here, too, like that gesture business that only works with music. I have had fantasies of calling Google and offering to trade my phone for a Pixel 3 or something. There may not be a next phone for a long time unless the frustration just overwhelms me. And if that happens it's damn sure going to be something with a fingerprint sensor that works all of the time.

One reason why I prefer the Pixel 3 over the Pixel 4 is their biometric security features. Pure Face unlock and no other type of security made me wary.

However, with that being said, I'll use my in-display fingerprint sensor and my Face Unlock on my S10. Both are very good. I guess I just like options! But at the end of the day, I think I still prefer the fingerprint sensor. The one on my Pixel 2 was fantastic, as well.

Sep 14, 2019
Visit site
Long time Blackberry user I recently switched to Pixel 2 xl and love it. I had no problem transitioning to Android and typing on a slab (although I thought I would), in fact there are alot of similarlities to BB10. My next phone will be a 5xl if it's released, I prefer a larger form factor and a good processor since the phone is used primarily for work purposes eg., communications and security related apps.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Long time Blackberry user I recently switched to Pixel 2 xl and love it. I had no problem transitioning to Android and typing on a slab (although I thought I would), in fact there are alot of similarlities to BB10. My next phone will be a 5xl if it's released, I prefer a larger form factor and a good processor since the phone is used primarily for work purposes eg., communications and security related apps.
Lol so you went from an ultra compact Bold 9900 straight to a Pixel 2 XL?

I also think the 2 XL was one of the best Pixels made mostly because of the notification LED, decent battery life and panda look.

But the thing was too big for me, so I sold it and went for an S10e instead to go along with my DroidBerry's

Sep 14, 2019
Visit site
My post did not say I went from a 9900 (read again), it was posted in good faith. One thing I won't miss about the CB fourms is the long time members (and even some of the moderators) that trolled it's users - just leave that toxic stuff in those forums boon

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
My post did not say I went from a 9900 (read again), it was posted in good faith. One thing I won't miss about the CB fourms is the long time members (and even some of the moderators) that trolled it's users - just leave that toxic stuff in those forums boon
I think they assumed it was a 9900 based on your user name. Everyone here is cool. Welcome to the forum.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! I'm sorry you had that experience at CB - I personally do not remember such things happening, and I was an active member on that forum for years.

Anyway, enjoy your time here at Android Central! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol