I'm waiting to find out about the Pixel 5. I have the 3 XL on the 11 beta right now.

First, if it is indeed only one handset, is it the XL size? Since that has been the better selling of the regular and XL Pixels, I'd guess they kept the XL size and dropped the "XL" from the name. There'd no longer be a need for differentiation. I also had the Pixel 2 XL and due mostly to battery life, that's my preference.

The battery has to be legit.

I want a fingerprint scanner.

Then we'll see on the other specs.

If the 5 leaves me cold like the 4 and 4a have, I have no idea. If nothing moves me to switch, I'd keep rolling with the 3 XL for the time being. If I *had* to get a new phone right now, it would probably be a Galaxy s20.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-05-2020 07:38 AM
    I'm waiting to find out about the Pixel 5. I have the 3 XL on the 11 beta right now.

First, if it is indeed only one handset, is it the XL size? Since that has been the better selling of the regular and XL Pixels, I'd guess they kept the XL size and dropped the "XL" from the name. There'd no longer be a need for differentiation.

If the 5 leaves me cold like the 4 and 4a have, I have no idea. Nothing moves me to switch, so I'd keep rolling with the 3 XL for the time being.

I want a fingerprint scanner
    Like I said, I'm in the same exact boat! I have a Pixel 3 XL, absolutely love it, on Android 11 beta right now. Pixel 5 will of course have the amazing software, but it must have amazing battery life, and a rear mounted fingerprint scanner because it just so secure and convenient to unlock the phone that way. Not to mention it's fast as hell, And it's reliable!
    08-05-2020 07:46 AM

First, if it is indeed only one handset, is it the XL size? Since that has been the better selling of the regular and XL Pixels, I'd guess they kept the XL size and dropped the "XL" from the name. There'd no longer be a need for differentiation. I also had the Pixel 2 XL and due mostly to battery life, that's my preference.

If the 5 leaves me cold like the 4 and 4a have, I have no idea. If nothing moves me to switch, I'd keep rolling with the 3 XL for the time being. If I *had* to get a new phone right now, it would probably be a Galaxy s20.
    I too am waiting to see what the Pixel 5 is like. The 4 line did not interest me. I love my S10 and will keep using it in the meantime. But I definitely have high hopes for the 5. I'd love to go back to Pixel.

I would miss having the smaller version because that's what I've preferred; but after using the 6.1" S10 I guess I can handle an XL-sized Pixel phone.
    KPMcClave and Coop61 like this.
    08-05-2020 08:00 AM
    I'll be checking out the Pixel 5 and the iPhone 12.
    eric002 and Morty2264 like this.
    08-05-2020 06:20 PM
    I'll be checking out the Pixel 5 and the iPhone 12.
    Good choices!
    eric002 likes this.
    08-06-2020 10:17 AM
    Pixel 5 is a possibility. As everyone has mentioned above, a reliable rear finger print scanner and battery large enough to last daily from ~ 0530-2300, and water protection is a must for me. My Pixel 3 still works well, but battery is showing age after ~ 1.5 years.

The 4a does not have an IPS rating, else that might be an option. Like BlackBerry Guy, I'll see what the iPhone 12 has to offer. Cost will be a consideration this year for whichever device I chose.
    08-08-2020 08:13 AM
    Pixel 5 is a possibility. As everyone has mentioned above, a reliable rear finger print scanner and battery large enough to last daily from ~ 0530-2300, and water protection is a must for me. My Pixel 3 still works well, but battery is showing age after ~ 1.5 years.

The 4a does not have an IPS rating, else that might be an option. Like BlackBerry Guy, I'll see what the iPhone 12 has to offer. Cost will be a consideration this year for whichever device I chose.
    Yep yep you're right, the Pixel 4A has no IP rating, no wireless charging, And is made out of plastic. The last two features I'm sure not too many people are getting care about... It's really the lack of an IP water rating that most customers are really going to care about at the end of the day.
    Trees and kenorian like this.
    08-08-2020 08:15 AM
    Great points @eric002 I was happy to hear that the 4a has a plastic body, so no concern for me there. I would much prefer the weight savings and durability with plastic. I do like the Pixel Stand convenience, so would be nice if the Pixel 5 has wireless charging.
    08-08-2020 08:26 AM
    Great points @eric002 I was happy to hear that the 4a has a plastic body, so no concern for me there. I would much prefer the weight savings and durability with plastic. I do like the Pixel Stand convenience, so would be nice if the Pixel 5 has wireless charging.
    Yeah I mean at first when I got my Pixel 3 XL, I thought I'll be using wireless charging all the time like I did on my Galaxy s8. It's more of an inconvenience though because I like to use my phone on the charger like most of us do so that's not really practical. As far as the Pixel 5s, I don't need all the flagship features but I want to very low price.
    Trees likes this.
    08-08-2020 08:34 AM
    Way to many rumors going on right now about the newest Pixel phones and the people that are writing the articles are writing about the Pixel 4a5g and the Pixel 5 at the same time . Read one today where it said the Pixel 5 will have a plastic body. I hope that isn't true. I'm Hoping they meant the Pixel4a5g. If it is I'll be looking at a different phone.
    08-24-2020 07:16 PM
    The door is still open for the Pixel 5, but I'm not very confident it will move me. I was happy to see the latest rumor has the battery at 4,000 mAh and not previously rumored 3,080. I like that the fingerprint reader is back, too.

I keep wandering over to the Note 20 (not Ultra) 5G. Never had a Note before (S7 Edge has been my only modern Samsung). Not interested in the Ultra version. I'd prefer not to have a plastic back, but it isn't a deal breaker. I don't care about the camera array. Any modern setup is going to give me acceptable photos for the times I use the phone camera. I use my DSLR for most stuff. Something about the Note attracts me.

Most criticisms look at it from the top down: it's "a hobbled Note." Anyone have an opinion looking at it the other way, as an upgrade from the Pixel 3 XL?
    08-26-2020 07:35 AM
    The door is still open for the Pixel 5, but I'm not very confident it will move me. I was happy to see the latest rumor has the battery at 4,000 mAh and not previously rumored 3,080. I like that the fingerprint reader is back, too.

I keep wandering over to the Note 20 (not Ultra) 5G. Never had a Note before (S7 Edge has been my only modern Samsung). Not interested in the Ultra version. I'd prefer not to have a plastic back, but it isn't a deal breaker. I don't care about the camera array. Any modern setup is going to give me acceptable photos for the times I use the phone camera. I use my DSLR for most stuff. Something about the Note attracts me.
    Way to many rumors going on right now about the newest Pixel phones and the people that are writing the articles are writing about the Pixel 4a5g and the Pixel 5 at the same time . Read one today where it said the Pixel 5 will have a plastic body. I hope that isn't true. I'm Hoping they meant the Pixel4a5g. If it is I'll be looking at a different phone.
    it was absolutely correct! That's why I am not trying to assume or jump the gun on what the Pixel 5 will actually look like! Well I'll see you in a month or so when Google officially debuts it. we can all try to speculate and go on link images, but we don't actually know what it's going to look like. Google's hoping we do this. We shall see what happens... I still love my Pixel 3 XL no matter what...
    08-26-2020 07:37 AM
    Googles hoping we do what? Sorry Eric ya lost me on that one. With the cost of phones these days even a 600 dollar phone can be made from premium materials. This is why I won't buy a phone made with plastic covers they feel and look cheap to me. Just my opinion . Not sure but I had a Samsung I think it was the S5 of S7 that had a plastic back cover and it felt cheap. Drove me crazy. I did find a nice Carbon Fiber case for it though.
    08-26-2020 06:34 PM
    Googles hoping we do what? Sorry Eric ya lost me on that one. With the cost of phones these days even a 600 dollar phone can be made from premium materials. This is why I won't buy a phone made with plastic covers they feel and look cheap to me. Just my opinion . Not sure but I had a Samsung I think it was the S5 of S7 that had a plastic back cover and it felt cheap. Drove me crazy. I did find a nice Carbon Fiber case for it though.
    Oh I'm sorry, Google's hoping we jumped the gun and strum up excitement on the forums for the Pixel 5s. Lol.
    Coop61 likes this.
    08-26-2020 06:47 PM
    I've been waiting for 5G phones to drop since I'm in an area where it would be beneficial so I'm likely going to upgrade to the Pixel 5, as long as Google doesn't screw up the RMA I just did on my Pixel 3 (which is out of warranty so I am glad they did it, but am holding my breath that it's problem-free).
    08-28-2020 11:48 AM
    I wish you the best of luck! I'm waiting for 5G myself, but in my area in 5G mm wavelength won't be available for quite some time.
    08-28-2020 12:14 PM
    Hopefully I'm not considered to much of a traitor. I decided to go with Samsung S20 plus. Hopefully I'll like it . Should be here tomorrow afternoon. I wanted to go for the Pixel 5 until I started reading about it. It wouldn't be that much of an upgrade over my 3xl. The 3XL will be my backup phone.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    09-15-2020 05:37 PM
    Let us know about the Samsung. I'm completely done with Google
    09-15-2020 08:58 PM
    I have the Pixel 3 and went to the Note 10+ a few months back. I absolutely loved my Pixel 3 and had a hard time finding the right device to upgrade to (this is actually my second go round with the Note 10+). I now absolutely love the Note 10+ as well! I sometimes find myself missing the Pixel experience and switch over to the Pixel 3. But much to my surprise I cannot last more than a couple of days on the Pixel 3 as I find myself missing a lot of pthe Note 10+ features (and it's battery life!). Besides indoors pics of my dogs which usually look much better shot with the Pixel, I prefer everything else the Note 10+ offers over the Pixel 3.

Was thinking about grabbing a Pixel 5 or 4a, but honestly not sure if I will. While the Pixel experience is great I really like what Samsung has done with One UI. (I'm sure this opinion of mine may (and likey will) change over time as that seems to be my trend LOL But for now I think I will be content with the Note 10+ for while).
    09-19-2020 09:22 AM
    Was thinking about grabbing a Pixel 5 or 4a, but honestly not sure if I will. While the Pixel experience is great I really like what Samsung has done with One UI. (I'm sure this opinion of mine may (and likey will) change over time as that seems to be my trend LOL But for now I think I will be content with the Note 10+ for while).
    I'm really considering the Note 20 5G (non-Ultra) to replace my 3 XL. I've never used a Note before, and the only modern Samsung phone I've used is the S7 Edge, which broke records for length of use by me.

Regardless of the S Pen, I like a lot about the Note 20 5G. Obviously not the price, but as I look around at my options I keep landing on that phone.

Are you a big S Pen user, YankInDaSouth? If you are, forgetting price, how would you like the Note 10+ if it had no S Pen?

Obviously I could get an S20 or wait for the next gen, but I like that the Note 20 5G has a flat screen. I'm also trying to keep the size somewhat reasonable.

I'm not definitley skipping the Pixel 5, pending official specs, but I'm not very hopeful.
    09-20-2020 07:53 AM
    I'm really considering the Note 20 5G (non-Ultra) to replace my 3 XL. I've never used a Note before, and the only modern Samsung phone I've used is the S7 Edge, which broke records for length of use by me.

Regardless of the S Pen, I like a lot about the Note 20 5G. Obviously not the price, but as I look around at my options I keep landing on that phone.

Are you a big S Pen user, YankInDaSouth? If you are, forgetting price, how would you like the Note 10+ if it had no S Pen?

Obviously I could get an S20 or wait for the next gen, but I like that the Note 20 5G has a flat screen. I'm also trying to keep the size somewhat reasonable.

I'm not definitley skipping the Pixel 5, pending official specs, but I'm not very hopeful.

I'm not a big S Pen user at all. I'll use it occasionally to extract text from apps or areas where I cannot copy and to mark up pictures. Other than that I almost never use it ... So, I can safely say that, for me personally, even if the Note 10+ had no S Pen I'd still be a huge fan.

I hear you on the flat screen of the Note 20 ... I really dislike curved screens! I find it even more annoying on the occasions I do use the S Pen. Very often I have to make several attempts to select my desired area because the S Pen keeps sliding off the edge. I just wish Samsung didn't "cripple" the smaller/flat screen variants so much.
    09-20-2020 08:09 AM
    I have the Pixel 3 and went to the Note 10+ a few months back. I absolutely loved my Pixel 3 and had a hard time finding the right device to upgrade to (this is actually my second go round with the Note 10+). I now absolutely love the Note 10+ as well! I sometimes find myself missing the Pixel experience and switch over to the Pixel 3. But much to my surprise I cannot last more than a couple of days on the Pixel 3 as I find myself missing a lot of pthe Note 10+ features (and it's battery life!). Besides indoors pics of my dogs which usually look much better shot with the Pixel, I prefer everything else the Note 10+ offers over the Pixel 3.

I went from the 4xl to an S10+ and I don't regret it for a second. I gave my 4xl to my husband and I am so happy with my Samsung. I hated the Note 4 experience. Touching was clunky and awkward to use. But OneUI is wonderful. I love all the extras and all the updates keeps making my phone even better.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    09-20-2020 09:18 AM
    I'm not a big S Pen user at all. I'll use it occasionally to extract text from apps or areas where I cannot copy and to mark up pictures. Other than that I almost never use it ... So, I can safely say that, for me personally, even if the Note 10+ had no S Pen I'd still be a huge fan.

I hear you on the flat screen of the Note 20 ... I really dislike curved screens! I find it even more annoying on the occasions I do use the S Pen. Very often I have to make several attempts to select my desired area because the S Pen keeps sliding off the edge. I just wish Samsung didn't "cripple" the smaller/flat screen variants so much.
    Thanks for the feedback! Because I haven't used a Note before, and haven't ever thought I was missing those features, I'm not sure I will use the S Pen a lot. We'll see, maybe.

While I certainly wouldn't complain about the specs matching up better with the smaller Note 20 5G, I'm also not coming from a place of history with the line. So, I don't really consider it a "crippled" Note 20 Ultra, but a new phone that ticks a bunch of boxes for me.

Hopefully, the announcement of the Pixel 5 will surprise in good ways. At the very least, hopefully it will leave me more certain about whether it's for me or not.
    YankInDaSouth likes this.
    09-20-2020 09:45 AM
    From a Pixel 3 to OnePlus 7T (I never take selfies), so might as well utilize the full screen, right?
    09-21-2020 08:52 AM
    I'm now leaning more toward the Galaxy S20 FE than the Note 20. It seems very Note-like, just without an S Pen. I'll do a side by side comparison once the FE is officially unveiled.
    09-22-2020 06:53 AM
183 ... 5678