Pixel 3 owners: what's your next phone?

jabaa

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
Title says it all. Curious to know what Pixel 3 owners are thinking for their next phone (what and when).

Personally I'm looking at using my Pixel 3 at least another year, so perhaps getting the Pixel 6? Or perhaps the Pixel 5a.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I will probably hold onto my 3 XL for another year. For me, one of the main issues is keeping the unlimited Original Quality backups in Google Photos.

When the time comes, I will most likely get the latest Pixel, and probably start a Google One plan for more storage.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I will probably hold onto my 3 XL for another year. For me, one of the main issues is keeping the unlimited Original Quality backups in Google Photos.
I guess worst case if we lose that, we can just copy the dcim file to a laptop or thumb drive like in the old days.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Or I could always go back to High Quality instead of Original Quality -- I could never tell the difference by looking, but just knowing that I've had Original Quality all this time would probably make me want to continue it now!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
For me time I'll probably go to a Pixel 5 5G when it comes out; the whole original quality versus high quality kind of sucks but I'll have to see what the Pixel 5 future has in store.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I just traded mine in for an S20. $400 for a pixel 3 and I still have my 4XL if I get tired of the Samsung experience.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

When the time comes, I will most likely get the latest Pixel, and probably start a Google One plan for more storage.
That was my plan too until a came across pixel 4 XL white 128gb brand new sealed for $500 that was a local sale 10 miles away from me. Well, that thing was mine the same day lol. I just simply could not resist that price. Sold my 3 XL for $250 soooo that makes a brand new upgrade to pixel 4 XL 128gb for $250. A KILLER find.

So I'll probably skip pixel 5 and wait for 6. Wife still has my pixel 2 XL Panda and she loves it. I'll be getting her the 5 XL when it comes out. Happy wife happy life.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That was my plan too until a came across pixel 4 XL white 128gb brand new sealed for $500 that was a local sale 10 miles away from me. Well, that thing was mine the same day lol. I just simply could not resist that price. Sold my 3 XL for $250 soooo that makes a brand new upgrade to pixel 4 XL 128gb for $250. A KILLER find.

So I'll probably skip pixel 5 and wait for 6. Wife still has my pixel 2 XL Panda and she loves it. I'll be getting her the 5 XL when it comes out. Happy wife happy life.
Yes I'm going to do, I feel the same exact way! The reason I also love my Pixel 3 XL is for the unlimited photo backup in Google photos and original photo quality resolution. I mean depending on what the Pixel 5 is in the near future have in store for everyone will make my decision. I absolutely love my 3XL and I'm not looking to give it up anytime soon so again we shall see and wait as to what the pixel 5's have in store. I mean let's face it, when Google changes from original to high quality photo resolution upload, that just means that either they just want to charge customers like Apple, or they're already at a service space. I doubt they're already out of service space in their data centers though! It's all about the money at the end of the day. There's got to be some business decision behind it if you think about it! But whatever it is what it is...

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'll be sticking with a Pixel. Which one depends on price, battery size, and fps. Pretty much drawing the line with fps. I like how easy it is to unlock the phone while picking it up from a pocket or desk. Also, biometric sign on to apps is easier without having to put the phone in front of your face using face id. Based on leaked info, looks like my only option will be P4a. I am concerned about the battery size though. Wish they'd have something like the P3aXL battery. 3700mah monster!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll be sticking with a Pixel. Which one depends on price, battery size, and fps. Pretty much drawing the line with fps. I like how easy it is to unlock the phone while picking it up from a pocket or desk. Also, biometric sign on to apps is easier without having to put the phone in front of your face using face id. Based on leaked info, looks like my only option will be P4a. I am concerned about the battery size though. Wish they'd have something like the P3aXL battery. 3700mah monster!
Well, of course! In fact I've been made a lot of reports and members at the Pixel 5 so I'm bringing back the rear banded fingerprint scanner; so, no need to worry!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes I'm going to do, I feel the same exact way! The reason I also love my Pixel 3 XL is for the unlimited photo backup in Google photos and original photo quality resolution. I mean depending on what the Pixel 5 is in the near future have in store for everyone will make my decision. I absolutely love my 3XL and I'm not looking to give it up anytime soon so again we shall see and wait as to what the pixel 5's have in store. I mean let's face it, when Google changes from original to high quality photo resolution upload, that just means that either they just want to charge customers like Apple, or they're already at a service space. I doubt they're already out of service space in their data centers though! It's all about the money at the end of the day. There's got to be some business decision behind it if you think about it! But whatever it is what it is...
They could never run out of server space as long as they add servers.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
They could never run out of server space as long as they add servers.
Yep yep, that's my point. I don't agree with that business decision. I know it's all about a business and making money at the end of the day, but damn it! It's one of the greatest things about pixels unlimited photo cloud storage backup and original quality not highest resolution however, I know it is what it is....

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yep yep, that's my point. I don't agree with that business decision. I know it's all about a business and making money at the end of the day, but damn it! It's one of the greatest things about pixels unlimited photo cloud storage backup and original quality not highest resolution however, I know it is what it is....
While it's a great feature and may be the tipping point for some that are on the fence, there are certainly more compelling reasons to buy a Pixel.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
While it's a great feature and may be the tipping point for some that are on the fence, there are certainly more compelling reasons to buy a Pixel.
Oh, yes, I absolutely agree. And that wouldn't be a breaking point for me either since we're being upfront and honest about it. I'm just merely stating a fact. Lol.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been somewhat thinking about the entry level 4a. But I'm not sure. Still lots of time to consider. And it's not like my phone needs to be replaced now. Just more of an itch than a necessity.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been somewhat thinking about the entry level 4a. But I'm not sure. Still lots of time to consider. And it's not like my phone needs to be replaced now. Just more of an itch than a necessity.
I have the 3a and it's an excellent phone. I can't see spending more on a new phone, but that's me. Great value.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Still using a pixel 2 that has not let me down. When it starts to fail, battery or otherwise I’ll most likely just get the latest pixel available at the time. That could be a 4a or 5 depending. Battery on this thing is still excellent, no complaints so I’m in no hurry as this has been and still is a rock solid phone.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Still using a pixel 2 that has not let me down. When it starts to fail, battery or otherwise I’ll most likely just get the latest pixel available at the time. That could be a 4a or 5 depending. Battery on this thing is still excellent, no complaints so I’m in no hurry as this has been and still is a rock solid phone.
Yeah, I hear you. My Pixel 3 XL is going strong on all accounts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12