Pixel 3 owners: what's your next phone?

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
My post did not say I went from a 9900 (read again), it was posted in good faith. One thing I won't miss about the CB fourms is the long time members (and even some of the moderators) that trolled it's users - just leave that toxic stuff in those forums boon
Lol you're telling me? I stopped participating in that forum over 3 months ago for that very reason.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My post did not say I went from a 9900 (read again), it was posted in good faith. One thing I won't miss about the CB fourms is the long time members (and even some of the moderators) that trolled it's users - just leave that toxic stuff in those forums boon
Hi, welcome!

We have great community here , I dont think you will see any issues.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That kind of stuff would only happen here over my dead body.;)

Sep 14, 2019
Visit site
Lol you're telling me? I stopped participating in that forum over 3 months ago for that very reason.

The reason I prefer the large form factor is because I bang out allot of emails daily and find I don't make as many mistakes as I would with a smaller phone, as well I can type just as fast as I did with the BBs I used, I'm very happy (and surprised) about that. Gboard is amazing, the haptic response is great. My last experience typing on a slab was about 10yrs ago on a small htc and I was simply not productive. This Pixel is a completely different matter.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The reason I prefer the large form factor is because I bang out allot of emails daily and find I don't make as many mistakes as I would with a smaller phone, as well I can type just as fast as I did with the BBs I used, I'm very happy (and surprised) about that. Gboard is amazing, the haptic response is great. My last experience typing on a slab was about 10yrs ago on a small htc and I was simply not productive. This Pixel is a completely different matter.
Yeah pretty good experience myself on google Gboard, i usually type in portrait mode but some like the landscape layout.

Sep 14, 2019
Visit site
Yeah pretty good experience myself on google Gboard, i usually type in portrait mode but some like the landscape layout.

In my opinion, with Gboard for email you don't need a pkb and if you find someone with rcs, texting is allot fun (who would have thought). Also I had no problem transitioning from BB10 to Android 10 which was a concern, but I was almost immediately productive. I always had a work around to get security eqp to work in the field such as cards, but the way the security apps we use are so well integrated into Android its amazing - it's almost silly to use older technology. So far top marks to Android and my Pixel and I'm very much looking forward to a Pixel 5 xl.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Probably going to switch to Oneplus soon I'm very disappointed with my pixel 4xl. Don't get me wrong it's still a good phone. I was just expecting it to be great and it's not given the price when I got it. I had an iPhone 11 pro for 6 months and I used that more as my daily driver than the pixel. The only thing I'm reluctant to give up is the camera, the camera is absolutely the best I've ever seen on any camera I've tested on a smart phone. I've compared it to the current and previous line up of the Samsung Galaxy s and multiple flagships from other manufacturers including LG and oneplus line and Google just has it right. And the UI of the camera is just simple. It's not cluttered with tons of buttons and useless features that 75% of the general consumers don't use. In the end for 1000$ the pixel 4xl is a mediocre phone at best not a flagship device.
Welcome to the forums. I also owned a Pixel 4xl and was disappointed with it. I bought myself an S10+ and gave the 4xl to my husband. He loves it. I am not sure the cameras were actually much better than those on my Pixel 2xl actually. So I was incredibly disappointed with it. I wouldn't go back to iOS for my main phone but iOS 14 is nice on my iPhone 7. But I still prefer Android overall.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In my opinion, with Gboard for email you don't need a pkb and if you find someone with rcs, texting is allot fun (who would have thought). Also I had no problem transitioning from BB10 to Android 10 which was a concern, but I was almost immediately productive. I always had a work around to get security eqp to work in the field such as cards, but the way the security apps we use are so well integrated into Android its amazing - it's almost silly to use older technology. So far top marks to Android and my Pixel and I'm very much looking forward to a Pixel 5 xl.
I'm glad you found the transition smoothly, I use multiple andriod phones including pixels , never had BB but heard good things .

Last edited:

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I also agree that typing on glass (accurately) is easier on larger surface.

I also had a 2 XL and found typing okay on it, haptics were good as with any Pixel.

I really like my S10e but I still miss the stock Android look.

Sep 14, 2019
Visit site

I also had a 2 XL and found typing okay on it, haptics were good as with any Pixel.

I like what Samsung is doing with the a70/s20+ screen sizes. I had a look at the a70 at a nearby Staples in yyc the other day, impressive and at a great price. I think the Pixel 5 might even carry the same soc as the a70 - I hope they stick with the 865 (flagship) instead.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I feel the same about my S10. Love the flow of Samsung's UI but there are times when I miss my trusty Pixel 2.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I feel the same about my S10. Love the flow of Samsung's UI but there are times when I miss my trusty Pixel 2.
Aside from the flat screen and stock Android, everything is better on the S10 though. I also briefly had the smaller Pixel 2 and I couldn't push it past 4.5 hours SOT, and that's with all the optimization tricks applied.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Aside from the flat screen and stock Android, everything is better on the S10 though. I also briefly had the smaller Pixel 2 and I couldn't push it past 4.5 hours SOT, and that's with all the optimization tricks applied.

I do miss a flat screen. I love my S10's curved screen but having to get the proper screen protector has been a struggle! I miss stock Android very often but Samsung has me, at least until I see what the Pixel 5 is like! 🤣

Sixfingeredman

Jul 22, 2020
Visit site
I have the Pixel 2 XL, and it's getting old and worse for wear. I am disappointed over the buzz that there may not be an XL line this year. That being the case, I'm reluctant to leave the pixel world as I've been pretty happy with them and I love the software. I am considering the Samsung Galaxy S20+. Thoughts?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the Pixel 2 XL, and it's getting old and worse for wear. I am disappointed over the buzz that there may not be an XL line this year. That being the case, I'm reluctant to leave the pixel world as I've been pretty happy with them and I love the software. I am considering the Samsung Galaxy S20+. Thoughts?

It's a great device! The camera is pretty good and Samsung's UI is actually pretty awesome.

There are a lot of different things up in the air with Google at the moment, it seems. Hopefully we find out more information about it soon.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps the Pixel 5. I really don’t want another iPhone and Samsung comes preloaded with so much damn bloatware.

I feel like Samsung has improved somewhat in this regard - as in, there are Samsung-specific apps I'll actually prefer to use and delete the Google ones instead - but yes, those phones are bloat-tastic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer