Pixel 3 owners: what's your next phone?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I feel like Samsung has improved somewhat in this regard - as in, there are Samsung-specific apps I'll actually prefer to use and delete the Google ones instead - but yes, those phones are bloat-tastic.
Yeah, that's what I've been hearing. Samsung phones becoming less bloatware-ific but still not at the level of course of pixels, just from what Samsung phones have been in the past..

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
My Pixel 3 and Pixel 3XL are less than a year old. I bought them when Google substantially reduced the prices just before the Pixel 4 came out. I don't see a new phone in my immediate future. These phones work great and with 3 years of updates i wouldn't even consider another until after that. Had LG G6s just before this and replaced after 2 years. Shortest time I have had a phone. Held on the the Nexus 5s forever before that and they still work~!

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting to find out about the Pixel 5. I have the 3 XL on the 11 beta right now.

First, if it is indeed only one handset, is it the XL size? Since that has been the better selling of the regular and XL Pixels, I'd guess they kept the XL size and dropped the "XL" from the name. There'd no longer be a need for differentiation. I also had the Pixel 2 XL and due mostly to battery life, that's my preference.

The battery has to be legit.

I want a fingerprint scanner.

Then we'll see on the other specs.

If the 5 leaves me cold like the 4 and 4a have, I have no idea. If nothing moves me to switch, I'd keep rolling with the 3 XL for the time being. If I *had* to get a new phone right now, it would probably be a Galaxy s20.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting to find out about the Pixel 5. I have the 3 XL on the 11 beta right now.

First, if it is indeed only one handset, is it the XL size? Since that has been the better selling of the regular and XL Pixels, I'd guess they kept the XL size and dropped the "XL" from the name. There'd no longer be a need for differentiation.

If the 5 leaves me cold like the 4 and 4a have, I have no idea. Nothing moves me to switch, so I'd keep rolling with the 3 XL for the time being.

I want a fingerprint scanner
Like I said, I'm in the same exact boat! I have a Pixel 3 XL, absolutely love it, on Android 11 beta right now. Pixel 5 will of course have the amazing software, but it must have amazing battery life, and a rear mounted fingerprint scanner because it just so secure and convenient to unlock the phone that way. Not to mention it's fast as hell, And it's reliable!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

First, if it is indeed only one handset, is it the XL size? Since that has been the better selling of the regular and XL Pixels, I'd guess they kept the XL size and dropped the "XL" from the name. There'd no longer be a need for differentiation. I also had the Pixel 2 XL and due mostly to battery life, that's my preference.

If the 5 leaves me cold like the 4 and 4a have, I have no idea. If nothing moves me to switch, I'd keep rolling with the 3 XL for the time being. If I *had* to get a new phone right now, it would probably be a Galaxy s20.

I too am waiting to see what the Pixel 5 is like. The 4 line did not interest me. I love my S10 and will keep using it in the meantime. But I definitely have high hopes for the 5. I'd love to go back to Pixel.

I would miss having the smaller version because that's what I've preferred; but after using the 6.1" S10 I guess I can handle an XL-sized Pixel phone.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 5 is a possibility. As everyone has mentioned above, a reliable rear finger print scanner and battery large enough to last daily from ~ 0530-2300, and water protection is a must for me. My Pixel 3 still works well, but battery is showing age after ~ 1.5 years.

The 4a does not have an IPS rating, else that might be an option. Like BlackBerry Guy, I'll see what the iPhone 12 has to offer. Cost will be a consideration this year for whichever device I chose.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Pixel 5 is a possibility. As everyone has mentioned above, a reliable rear finger print scanner and battery large enough to last daily from ~ 0530-2300, and water protection is a must for me. My Pixel 3 still works well, but battery is showing age after ~ 1.5 years.

The 4a does not have an IPS rating, else that might be an option. Like BlackBerry Guy, I'll see what the iPhone 12 has to offer. Cost will be a consideration this year for whichever device I chose.
Yep yep you're right, the Pixel 4A has no IP rating, no wireless charging, And is made out of plastic. The last two features I'm sure not too many people are getting care about... It's really the lack of an IP water rating that most customers are really going to care about at the end of the day.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Great points @eric002 I was happy to hear that the 4a has a plastic body, so no concern for me there. I would much prefer the weight savings and durability with plastic. I do like the Pixel Stand convenience, so would be nice if the Pixel 5 has wireless charging.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Great points @eric002 I was happy to hear that the 4a has a plastic body, so no concern for me there. I would much prefer the weight savings and durability with plastic. I do like the Pixel Stand convenience, so would be nice if the Pixel 5 has wireless charging.
Yeah I mean at first when I got my Pixel 3 XL, I thought I'll be using wireless charging all the time like I did on my Galaxy s8. It's more of an inconvenience though because I like to use my phone on the charger like most of us do so that's not really practical. As far as the Pixel 5s, I don't need all the flagship features but I want to very low price.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Way to many rumors going on right now about the newest Pixel phones and the people that are writing the articles are writing about the Pixel 4a5g and the Pixel 5 at the same time . Read one today where it said the Pixel 5 will have a plastic body. I hope that isn't true. I'm Hoping they meant the Pixel4a5g. If it is I'll be looking at a different phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol