Trouble with Google Sheets

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a sheet that I have used for years. Today, I can't add new data. I tested a new document and it seems to be working. What could be wrong?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Do you get any specific error? Try this, copy the sheet with a different name and see if you can add more data in the new one.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Do you get any specific error? Try this, copy the sheet with a different name and see if you can add more data in the new one.

I get no error message. It doesn't add my entry to the sheet. I have to hit the space bar to get the CHECK MARK to appear. Very strange. I tried your suggestion but that didn't work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you show us a screenshot of what you see when you open the sheet? (Make sure to blot out any sensitive data there might be on the screen before posting here.)

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Can you show us a screenshot of what you see when you open the sheet? (Make sure to blot out any sensitive data there might be on the screen before posting here.)

My own ignorance and carelessness never ceasee to amaze me. In my effort to follow your instructions allowed me to discover that the far right column was not formatted correctly and was way too wide. When I entered data, it would move to the right and seemed to disappear. I thought it was not being entered.
Thanks for bearing with me but in a way, you helped me discover my problem. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay