Has any user noticed that foreign language articles are shaking up. They haven't responded to my support request. Thanks.
    09-09-2020 09:09 AM
    Just to be clear -- are you talking about this app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid&hl=en_US. Also, what do you mean that they're shaking up?
    09-09-2020 01:53 PM
    Just to be clear -- are you talking about this app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid&hl=en_US. Also, what do you mean that they're shaking up?
    Sorry, I meant to say 'showing up' , and yes that's the app.
    09-09-2020 03:59 PM
    The foreign language articles are still showing up.
    09-11-2020 09:24 AM
    You're updated to Android 11, right? Go to Settings>Apps, select SmartNews, then Permissions. What permission does Location have? If you denied it Location permission, or if you only granted it once, then it might not know where you are, and is therefore serving up articles from other parts of the world.
    09-11-2020 09:18 PM
    Thanks for your help as always. It seems as though I am the only one who has the problem.

Location was set when I installed the app years ago. It still appears to be set now. I thought it might have something to do with Android 11, but the problem was happening before the upgrade.
    So I just reinstalled it and the foreign articles are still there. When I try to open it, it's a YouTube video.
    It seems strange that I'm the only one reporting this problem. It's certainly not a huge problem but annoying to have to scroll past these articles.
    I just noticed that these articles are all ADS.
    09-13-2020 07:00 AM
    Thanks for your help as always. It seems as though I am the only one who has the problem.

Location was set when I installed the app years ago. It still appears to be set now. I thought it might have something to do with Android 11, but the problem was happening before the upgrade.
    So I just reinstalled it and the foreign articles are still there. When I try to open it, it's a YouTube video.
    It seems strange that I'm the only one reporting this problem. It's certainly not a huge problem but annoying to have to scroll past these articles.
    I took a look at the reviews for that app in the Play Store and many users are complaining about the ads. Maybe you should consider using a different news aggregator, like Google News for example.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-13-2020 09:35 AM
    Well there you go -- it's not an issue with the app's news aggregation algorithm, but rather with its ad network. They must've updated something from that side. If there's no way to pay to remove ads, then use a different app. Google News works quite well, as Javier P mentioned.
    09-13-2020 09:40 AM
    Thanks. I liked SmartNews because I could pin users of the SHARE command for ease in transferring articles of interest to friends. I used to get complaints from the recipient that they had difficulty reading the article I sent. I forgot what their problem was.
    09-13-2020 11:39 AM
    After harassing their support, they finally fixed the foreign language problem. Persistence pays off.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-07-2020 08:55 AM
    That's a win!
    10-07-2020 07:55 PM
    I have been enjoying crux news recently. It has a nice interface and relevant articles.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2020 08:10 PM
    That's a win!
    Well, it lasted about a few weeks but it's back again.
    I'll restart my pestering their support group. I'll let you know what, if anything, happens.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-16-2020 10:55 AM