No media controls

DanJ55

Sep 10, 2020
Visit site
I just got the Android 11 update and noticed that there should be media controls in the pull-down menu, and on the lock screen. I actually think it said it was an update to the controls so I'm assuming that the the controls were supposed to be there prior to this update. I've never had them.

I saw something online that suggested toggling "Media Resumption" in Developer Options, but when I went in I didn't have that option available.

As you've probably already figured out from my post , I'm not the most tech savvy person, so any help is appreciated.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm sorry to hear this, but try this out...
cc8d2a856aadbd6953b81955fdf8dae8.jpg
7c3ad216633dea2c8033a6ef20c25c1a.jpg

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Android 11 update and noticed that there should be media controls in the pull-down menu, and on the lock screen. I actually think it said it was an update to the controls so I'm assuming that the the controls were supposed to be there prior to this update. I've never had them.

I saw something online that suggested toggling "Media Resumption" in Developer Options, but when I went in I didn't have that option available.

As you've probably already figured out from my post , I'm not the most tech savvy person, so any help is appreciated.
You first need to open a media player and start playing something. Then the media controls will show up in your notification pull down.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Depending on the phone, you should have a cache partition. On Samsung, with phone off, you would hold down the Bixby button, up volume and the power button to get to the menu. Good luck.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
There is no cache partition to clear on Pixel phones. This process disappeared, I believe, with Android 9 (possibly 8).

You can clear individual app cache via the apps section of settings, but there is not an overall partition to clear.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I am still on android 10, one ui version 2.1. and have it still. It's useful, so why they would leave it out is beyond me, but I have been told it's the new way in alot of phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer