Docs vs word??

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Years ago I used a laptop with windows 7 for all my consultant work. My primary programs were Microsoft Word and Excel. Over the past few years, I've been using Docs and Sheets and have been satisfied. There some differences, but I've learned to live with them.
My problem is that I may have to replace laptop soon.
My wife now uses it almost exclusively for email and Microsoft Word. She's a TECHNOPHOBE and won't want to learn anything new, like Docs. I'd love to replace the laptop with a Pixel book. Keep in mind, I don't want to create marital discord.
Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If she wants to stick with Word, you could always subscribe to Microsoft Office 365 and access Word online: www.office.com/?WT.mc_id=O16_BingHP. Or you could install the Word app for Android.

Remind her that with a Chromebook, she would no longer have to worry about Windows Update and antivirus.

Google Docs has been getting gradually better about editing Word documents, so she might find little by little that she can transition to Docs without any problem.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Your right on every point. I love her dearly but her technophobia has been the source of many arguments and it's very frustrating. I think that I'm going to wait until the PC 'goes south' and she will be forced to use my Pixel for a few days. Perhaps then she will see the light and change her attitude . Probably wishful thinking, but we’ll see.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers