Gboard icon

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've installed Gboard and It's functional. However, I can't find the icon to launch it. It's in my settings as an installed app, but I can't find the icon to launch it. What am I missing?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Why do you want an icon to launch Gboard? You can make it your default keyboard next time you open any text window.

As a shortcut for settings and initial setup you can select this option in Gboard settings - Advanced - Show app icon
Screenshot_20210102-131520.jpeg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Let's try something different. Open a text window in any app, for example the Reply for the forum here, and tap the small keyboard icon bottom right. Can you select Gboard in the popup menu?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
After Gboard is selected as default you can open its settings when you press & hold the 'comma' key and slide to select the cog/settings icon.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Here's my problem. I'm used to using Textra. When I want to text someone, I just tapped Textra icon, it opens and I type the 1st few letters of the name. From there I type my message and send. I can't find a way to do that in Gboard.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Here's my problem. I'm used to using Textra. When I want to text someone, I just tapped Textra icon, it opens and I type the 1st few letters of the name. From there I type my message and send. I can't find a way to do that in Gboard.
That sounds like some setting in Textra and not Gboard, unfortunately I don't use that app.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
That sounds like some setting in Textra and not Gboard, unfortunately I don't use that app.

Actually, I have used Textra for a long time now. The only thing I was thinking of was Gboard extra tall keyboard and the stand alone microphone would make texting easier for me. I think I'll stay with Textra.
I do want to thank you for your taking the time to help me. Thanks.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I have used Textra for a long time now. The only thing I was thinking of was Gboard extra tall keyboard and the stand alone microphone would make texting easier for me. I think I'll stay with Textra.
I do want to thank you for your taking the time to help me. Thanks.
Just a question. Are you sure we are talking about Gboard? You don't need to INSTALL Gboard, that's the stock keyboard on Pixels and many other devices. It's the default keyboard right out the box.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Just a question. Are you sure we are talking about Gboard? You don't need to INSTALL Gboard, that's the stock keyboard on Pixels and many other devices. It's the default keyboard right out the box.

Yes, I was talking about Gboard. I know it was part of Google and installed when I bought the Pixel 3. That's the 1st app I've seen that doesn't have an icon so I could set it up after I had been using a 3rd party messaging app.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I have no setting of VIRTUAL KEYBOARD.
It is in Language. On Screen Keyboard. See screenshot.
81dedf4b3171795bba6331da3052f3a6.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui