I've had my pixel three for about 2.5-3 years (don't remember exactly!), and I've been very happy with it. I've not felt the urge to upgrade to the latest and greatest at all.

That being said, my Pixel decided to bootloop last night. For hours. I keep trying to get back into the phone, but it would even reboot while in safe mode. Eventually, I managed to get it to stay in safe mode long enough to do a factory reset. When it then went into a factory reset loop for like an hour.

I pulled my sim card, and prepped my back up phone until I managed to power off the Pixel 3, leave it for a bit, and it finally got through to the initial set up for a factory reset.

I've read around that bootloops, even on the factor reset, are indicative of a bad motherboard. Since the reset, it's been flying through tasks. Like a newly reset phone. It hasn't looped at all, yet. Should I be concerned that it's about to die for good? Or am I just really lucky?

Thank you smart people =)
    03-01-2021 06:22 AM
    I've had my pixel three for about 2.5-3 years (don't remember exactly!), and I've been very happy with it. I've not felt the urge to upgrade to the latest and greatest at all.

That being said, my Pixel decided to bootloop last night. For hours. I keep trying to get back into the phone, but it would even reboot while in safe mode. Eventually, I managed to get it to stay in safe mode long enough to do a factory reset. When it then went into a factory reset loop for like an hour.

I pulled my sim card, and prepped my back up phone until I managed to power off the Pixel 3, leave it for a bit, and it finally got through to the initial set up for a factory reset.

I've read around that bootloops, even on the factor reset, are indicative of a bad motherboard. Since the reset, it's been flying through tasks. Like a newly reset phone. It hasn't looped at all, yet. Should I be concerned that it's about to die for good? Or am I just really lucky?

Thank you smart people =)
    I’m no smart person. If you successfully have the device functional again, everything backed up in the cloud in case it dies again, what’s the worry? It could die again permanently and you have to buy a replacement. I don’t think it’s something worth truly worrying unless you just want to buy a new phone that, coincidentally, has a similar risk of suddenly dying.
    the reel d-dave likes this.
    03-01-2021 06:35 AM
    That sure sounds concerning to me. But as Chuck Finley69 said, as long as you're keeping your important data synced or backed up on a regular basis, at least you'll prevent a catastrophic loss of data if it does ultimately fail. Unless you have an option to purchase a replacement phone immediately (i.e., as opposed to ordering one online and having to wait 1-2 weeks for it to be delivered), I'd consider having a backup phone available.
    03-01-2021 11:50 AM
    Yep. may be a sign for an upgrade.
    03-01-2021 01:56 PM