Cut and paste

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My pixel 3 is more than 2 years old. Suddenly, I'm having a PASTE problem. After I copy text, and then try to PASTE, I have to click many times to get it to work. It's the same in all APPS. What could be wrong. I've made no changes to the system. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you noticing any other general problems with touchscreen sensitivity, or is it just when tapping the Paste option? Do you have a screen protector on?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
No. It's just the PASTE action. I can't seem to find a consistent (no reaction) instance as to when it happens. I've tried moving the CLICK point slightly, HOLD TIME, CLICK SPEED, etc. Eventually, after varying attempts, it works. I've tried recopying and past again. There seems to be no pattern to the behavior. It's very frustrating.
BTW, off topic, I hope your hospital stay is /was brief and everything is OK.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How long are you pressing and holding to get the Paste option to come up?

(FYI, I work in the hospital -- I wasn't hospitalized.:))

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
How long are you pressing and holding to get the Paste option to come up?

(FYI, I work in the hospital -- I wasn't hospitalized.:))

Before this problem started. I needed just 1 quick click and the paste icon would appear.
Now, there is no pattern. Sometimes it works immediately, but mostly it takes many clicks and various lengths. If I could find a consistent pattern, I could live with it.
Sorry I misunderstood about the hospital. I've had some experience with hospitals as a patient, that weren't good. Stay well and safe. Thanks again.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've never found the PASTE part of the option simple. I usually have to tap and tap and tap. Or PRESS/whatever.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've never been able to bring up the Paste option with only a short tap -- it's always required a long-press. But if you're using Gboard, you should also see the copied text in the word suggestion box (just above the rest of the keyboard) as soon as you tap on a text entry field, so just tapping that suggestion should paste it.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've never been able to bring up the Paste option with only a short tap -- it's always required a long-press. But if you're using Gboard, you should also see the copied text in the word suggestion box (just above the rest of the keyboard) as soon as you tap on a text entry field, so just tapping that suggestion should paste it.

Thanks. I've been considering switching to Gboard from SwiftKey. This gives me an incentive to do it.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I've been considering switching to Gboard from SwiftKey. This gives me an incentive to do it.

I finally gave Gboard a try. Although It's loaded with features, I have been using SwiftKey for a long time and except for the recent problems with the PASTE command, I've been happy.
I kept fooling with the PASTE and found that you were right about holding the PASTE operation for about 2 seconds, solved the problem. Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38