Scanned PDF won't transfer to DRIVE

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I scanned a multiple page report into a PDF. It is visible in GOOGLE FILES. When I try to move it to Google Drive, it just spins as though it is transferring to the Drive, but it just keeps spinning and won't transfer. What could be wrong? Help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How big is the file?

Also, in your Files app, what happens if you open the PDF file (which should open in Drive's PDF viewer), and then tap the Add to Drive icon at the top?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the Google Drive app cache/data in Settings>Apps, then let it resync and try again.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Try clearing the Google Drive app cache/data in Settings>Apps, then let it resync and try again.

I cleared the cache,,which I did when the problem started, and I just did it again. I'm not familiar with RESYNC .The problem is still here.
BTW, I've done before many times. I thought that maybe it was my scanner but it's readable. I just can't move it to the Drive.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Clear the app's data as well. It'll resync immediately upon reopening Drive.

Also, are you certain that you have plenty of free space left in your Drive account?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Clear the app's data as well. It'll resync immediately upon reopening Drive.

Also, are you certain that you have plenty of free space left in your Drive account?

I'm have a Google 1 with a balance of 102 gigs. The file I'm trying to move is 5.85 mg

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm still trying to move it scanned document to move to Google Drive. I have tried using it Scanner/Printer, and the Scan feature of Google Drive. Both produce a readable PDF, but won't let me move it to Drive. It appears to move but only shows a forever spinning icon. Are there any other suggestions out there? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you already try clearing the Google Drive app data as well as the cache, as I previously suggested?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Did you already try clearing the Google Drive app data as well as the cache, as I previously suggested?

Apparently I just cleaned the cache not the Data when you suggested it. Because I lost 2 critical SHEETS in DRIVE several months ago, I was fearful that doing that would make matters worse.
I just cleaned DATA and the problem went away. However, my previous DRIVE screens have been all jumbled up. I have a great deal of work ahead of me, straighteng out Files and Folders, but thanks to you, my main problem is gone. I have always avoided CLEARING DATA because I thought it would wipe out years of Data.
Thanks again for your patience.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
One more thing! When I tried moving that scan, it seems as though it would never move to Drive.
I just had another problem copying a Video to the Drive. It looked like it wouldn't copy. While it was spinning, simulating copying, I pull down the notification screen and saw that the copying was still in progress.
So if it happens to you, be patient. A large file takes consideraby longer

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma