I just attempted to install the June update. The update started and a few seconds later, the device restarted as though the update was completed.
    I checked to see some of the new features and they are not there.
    When I checked for updates, it reported that the device WAS UPDATED.
    What happened? How can I retry to install it? Thanks.
    06-10-2021 08:35 AM
    The June update for the Pixel 3 might be delayed for some reason. I haven't gotten it yet on my 3 XL, while my wife's 5 got it. Give it a few more days.
    06-10-2021 07:50 PM
    The June update for the Pixel 3 might be delayed for some reason. I haven't gotten it yet on my 3 XL, while my wife's 5 got it. Give it a few more days.
    Thanks. The problem I'm having is that my CHECK FOR UPDATES indicated that the update was here and began the usual update by indicating that the update was being installed. After about 30 seconds, the device suddenly restarted with no warning. When I returned to the CHECK FOR UPDATES screen, it indicated that the update is installed. I've spent hours, including Google Chat support, to resolve the issue. They were unable to help me.
    They were unable or unwilling to provide me with a way to get this update installed.
    To make sure that it didn't install, I checked for the FEATURES that were to be installed, and they, as expected, were not installed.
    Is there a workaround to fix this problem or, since the device is still working properly, should I just wait for the next update. Hopefully that will install the June update along with July update. Your thoughts please.
    06-10-2021 08:42 PM
    So does it say it has the June security update, or does it still say May?
    06-10-2021 09:07 PM
    B I got the June update a couple days ago on my 3xl. I'm with AT&T. But I did manually check for it because I figured it was already out.....there was no notification. In fact it showed my phone had checked earlier that day and I was up to date. It must be an AT&T thing because my pixel 1 was the same way....very consistent updates but no notifications.

On a side note how is the power button on your Nomad case working? I put my case on before I set my phone up, and the power button was sticking intermittently and causing boot loops throughout the update process....by the time I figured it out I thought for sure I'd corrupted my phone, but I got lucky and it finished updating without any problems and is working perfectly. So much nicer screen wise and way faster

I put the Nomad case back on several times very carefully and same problem I'm running a Belroy leather case now with no issues.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-11-2021 01:58 AM
    So does it say it has the June security update, or does it still say May?
    Yes, it shows the June update but none of the features are available.
    Somehow, the 30 second update was enough to trigger the change in the CHECK FOR UPDATES.
    In the meantime, Google Support emailed that there is no fix and I should post a feedback??
    I guess I'll just have to live with it and hope that the next update will fix it. Thanks.
    06-11-2021 05:00 AM
    B I got the June update a couple days ago on my 3xl. I'm with AT&T. But I did manually check for it because I figured it was already out.....there was no notification. In fact it showed my phone had checked earlier that day and I was up to date. It must be an AT&T thing because my pixel 1 was the same way....very consistent updates but no notifications.

On a side note how is the power button on your Nomad case working? I put my case on before I set my phone up, and the power button was sticking intermittently and causing boot loops throughout the update process....by the time I figured it out I thought for sure I'd corrupted my phone, but I got lucky and it finished updating without any problems and is working perfectly. So much nicer screen wise and way faster

I put the Nomad case back on several times very carefully and same problem I'm running a Belroy leather case now with no issues.
    Ah, I just got the notification for my system update, so we'll see if it installs correctly with the announced features.

No problems with my power button. Did you check the interior of the case? Maybe there's some debris on the inside where the power button is?
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-11-2021 09:28 AM
    Downloading now. Only 130 MB. That seems a bit small for a feature update.
    06-11-2021 11:33 AM
    But still significantly larger than some of the piddly monthly updates that are only 8-12 MB!
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-11-2021 08:21 PM
    Ah, I just got the notification for my system update, so we'll see if it installs correctly with the announced features.

No problems with my power button. Did you check the interior of the case? Maybe there's some debris on the inside where the power button is?
    Yep I checked the case inside and out.....worked the power button on the case while it was off of the phone until I softened it up noticeably, same exact problem. My case seems to be rather poorly made and shaped, I'm glad I didn't pay 60+ dollars for it, it's not worth the 15 I paid. I'm not one to waste though so I cut the power button out of the case and put it back on my phone, and am going to get my use out of it anyway lol. It still looks good at least

So are you excited for the pixel 6? Seems like it's shaping up to be a nice phone.
    06-12-2021 04:18 AM
    A lot of the features will arrive via server side rolling updates over the course of days or weeks.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-12-2021 05:09 AM
    Yep I checked the case inside and out.....worked the power button on the case while it was off of the phone until I softened it up noticeably, same exact problem. My case seems to be rather poorly made and shaped, I'm glad I didn't pay 60+ dollars for it, it's not worth the 15 I paid. I'm not one to waste though so I cut the power button out of the case and put it back on my phone, and am going to get my use out of it anyway lol. It still looks good at least

So are you excited for the pixel 6? Seems like it's shaping up to be a nice phone.
    You may want to contact Nomad about it -- they seem like the kind of company that would jump all over this and send you 3 replacement cases along with a profuse apology!

CANNOT WAIT for the 6. I haven't been this excited about a phone in a long time!
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-12-2021 11:08 AM
    You may want to contact Nomad about it -- they seem like the kind of company that would jump all over this and send you 3 replacement cases along with a profuse apology!

CANNOT WAIT for the 6. I haven't been this excited about a phone in a long time!
    I knew you were excited about the 6 I think you're going to really like it. I might even have one in a couple years time when I can pick it up cheap lol.
    And thanks for the suggestion, I think I will contact Nomad just to see what they say
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-13-2021 02:06 AM