Problems removing old email account...

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have an old email address that I want to delete. I get a *NEED ADMINISTRATOR* message when I try to delete it.
How do I delete it?
Thanks

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Was this old email address possibly associated with an employer? Was it possibly configured through that employer's mobile device management system? If so - that would be why. However, I would question their IT security policies if they don't force a removal of management from an employee-owned device when said employee departs the company.

You might check in Settings > Security. Expand at the bottom to see more options and select to see device admin apps and see what's listed there.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Was this old email address possibly associated with an employer? Was it possibly configured through that employer's mobile device management system? If so - that would be why. However, I would question their IT security policies if they don't force a removal of management from an employee-owned device when said employee departs the company.

You might check in Settings > Security. Expand at the bottom to see more options and select to see device admin apps and see what's listed there.

Thanks.
This is my personal pixel.
The only administrative app I have is 'FIND MY DEVICE'
Does that need to be disabled?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does that email address show up in the Settings>Account​ menu in the system settings, or is this in the Gmail app?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've tried to delete the account from SETTINGS/ACCOUNTS and this is the error message. ATTACHED.
There is nothing special about the account. The only entry in ADMINISTRATOR is, as I said earlier, is FIND MY DEVICE.
I use myMail for my email for years now and have never had a problem.
I have some emails in the account I'm trying to remove. Do I need to delete them?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've tried to delete the account from SETTINGS/ACCOUNTS and this is the error message. ATTACHED.
There is nothing special about the account. The only entry in ADMINISTRATOR is, as I said earlier, is FIND MY DEVICE.
I use myMail for my email for years now and have never had a problem.
I have some emails in the account I'm trying to remove. Do I need to delete them?

I forgot to attach.

Attachments

• SCREENshot.JPG
    SCREENshot.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to remove that email address from within the myMail app's settings (instead of the system settings)?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Are you able to remove that email address from within the myMail app's settings (instead of the system settings)?

If there is a way to do that, I can't find it. Don't forget, it's a myMail email account, not a Gmail account. I've contacted their Developer by email but I haven't heard from them yet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean that you just want to remove the account from your myMail app, or do you want to completely delete that email account from existence?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc