How do I get ride of that GREEN Dot in the lower right. I hit it when I want to send text message

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just updated to Android 12. There's that green dot thingie to get access to Quick Settings or whatever. But it interferes with hitting the SEND in Text messages.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, Screenshot it is. I have since moved it from the lower right to the upper right. I just want it GONE!!!

This damn thing.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely the Accessibility Menu shortcut (I just tested it). Go to Settings>Accessibility>Accessibility Menu and turn the toggle off there.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It's definitely the Accessibility Menu shortcut (I just tested it). Go to Settings>Accessibility>Accessibility Menu and turn the toggle off there.
The
You folks just alerted me to another feature of Android 12 that doesn't work on my Pixel 3.
I have the toggle ON, but no GREEN DOT anywhere.
I just thought that the toggle just turned on the one handed mode.
What am I missing? What actually happens when you press the Green Dot that I don't have? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The
You folks just alerted me to another feature of Android 12 that doesn't work on my Pixel 3.
I have the toggle ON, but no GREEN DOT anywhere.
I just thought that the toggle just turned on the one handed mode.
What am I missing? What actually happens when you press the Green Dot that I don't have? Thanks.

The toggle is supposed to make the little Accessibility Menu shortcut appear at the right edge of the screen. Can you show a screenshot of the Accessibility menu with that shortcut toggle turned on?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I had Sound Amplifier shortcut enabled on Android 11. After upgrading to Android 12 on my Pixel 5, I had an initial experience similar to FF22. So far I have left it on the screen, and move it around when needed.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had Sound Amplifier shortcut enabled on Android 11. After upgrading to Android 12 on my Pixel 5, I had an initial experience similar to FF22. So far I have left it on the screen, and move it around when needed.

It was just another "thing" to accidentally hit and trigger a result I did not want. I have no trouble swiping down from the top and finding what I want.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, I selected the wrong screenshot. Here's the one I should have sent. I'm being careless again. View attachment 338895

I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm still not quite sure how you've modified your display to make it look like that. This is the screenshot from my Pixel 3a XL:

Screenshot_20211113-090835.jpg

See how the header at the top is different? The font is bigger on mine, and its not on the same level as the Back arrow icon. (Also, the white bar at the very bottom of the screen for gesture navigation seems to be missing from yours.) It makes me wonder if something that you've done to modify the display is interfering. I already tried increasing the Font and Display sizes in the Accessibility Text and Display options, and I still can't duplicate how yours looks.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm still not quite sure how you've modified your display to make it look like that. This is the screenshot from my Pixel 3a XL:

View attachment 338909

See how the header at the top is different? The font is bigger on mine, and its not on the same level as the Back arrow icon. (Also, the white bar at the very bottom of the screen for gesture navigation seems to be missing from yours.) It makes me wonder if something that you've done to modify the display is interfering. I already tried increasing the Font and Display sizes in the Accessibility Text and Display options, and I still can't duplicate how yours looks.
Maybe DPI settings? Worth checking the default value in the Developer Options.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The easiest way to see the DPI settings is typing "smallest" in the settings search bar, tap that option and see which value is selected.
Screenshot_20211113-143003.jpg

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to start from the beginning. I don't know how to use the Scrolling Screenshot because it doesn't work on my Pixel 3. I've taken 2 shots to fit the entire Accessibility Screen.
Also, my Developer Screen is not like yours. I don't really remember why I enabled it years ago, but I wonder if I disabled it, what would I would lose.

Attachments

• 31334.jpg
    31334.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 10