I am mulling whether it is time to consider a new phone. I've been pretty happy with the Pixel 3 for the two plus years I've had it. I also tend to like its size.

I was hoping someone might share some link that might show them next to one another and maybe overlaying some old fashioned graph paper!

Thanks in advance.
    12-07-2021 04:20 PM
    12-07-2021 04:37 PM
    THANKS VERY MUCH. While there is not much difference between the 6 and Pro, they are definitely larger than the 3.

I guess I'll try to get into a store and see them in person.
    bkdodger2 likes this.
    12-07-2021 08:41 PM
    THANKS VERY MUCH. While there is not much difference between the 6 and Pro, they are definitely larger than the 3.

Hopefully you get a good impression...good
    FF22 likes this.
    12-07-2021 09:05 PM

Don't let the specs fool you... the 6 and 6 Pro are much narrower because of their different aspect ratio than our older 3's. I have a pixel 3XL, and it is the same height as the pixel 6 Pro, but it's much, much wider, which makes it feel way larger in the pocket than the 6 Pro would. And the regular 6 would feel even smaller. You definitely need to see them in person, I think you'll be surprised at how much smaller they are than you expect
    FF22 and B. Diddy like this.
    12-08-2021 01:28 AM
    Don't let the specs fool you... the 6 and 6 Pro are much narrower because of their different aspect ratio than our older 3's. I have a pixel 3XL, and it is the same height as the pixel 6 Pro, but it's much, much wider, which makes it feel way larger in the pocket than the 6 Pro would. And the regular 6 would feel even smaller. You definitely need to see them in person, I think you'll be surprised at how much smaller they are than you expect
    Did you not look at the dimensions listed above? The Pixel 3 is narrower. What gets me is the weight difference. 2+ ounces.
    12-23-2021 01:23 PM
    Did you not look at the dimensions listed above? The Pixel 3 is narrower. What gets me is the weight difference. 2+ ounces.
    I compared my pixel 3XL in person with both the pixel 6 and 6 Pro.... both the 6's are narrower than my XL, because they have a narrower, taller aspect ratio. And because they have much less top and bottom bezels than my XL, the 6 is shorter, and the Pro is pretty much the same height. If you've owned a 3XL, or something with a similar aspect ratio and size to that, the pixel 6's are going to feel smaller in the hand and fit better in the pocket

After hearing how big they were supposed to be, especially the Pro, I went in expecting to see monsters lol. That wasn't the case. Imo their size is overblown. But I am a tall guy with big hands, so that might make a slight difference It does go to show you should always try and see a phone in person, everyone's idea of size and portability is going to be different.

Also the weight difference wasn't that noticable to me holding them.... but the Z Fold 3 on the other hand felt like quite the chunk lol
    FF22 likes this.
    12-24-2021 05:59 AM
    Just to wrap up this thread. I went to Best Buy and while the phones were non-working dummies, I compared them to my Pixel 3. I guess I decided that the size difference was not all that awful since I purchased the 6 Pro. I generally don't mind the size but I am having trouble getting it in a case, into my bike's handlebar bag.
    B. Diddy, J Dubbs and rexxsor like this.
    02-16-2022 12:35 PM
    Just to wrap up this thread. I went to Best Buy and while the phones were non-working dummies, I compared them to my Pixel 3. I guess I decided that the size difference was not all that awful since I purchased the 6 Pro. I generally don't mind the size but I am having trouble getting it in a case, into my bike's handlebar bag.
    I've also gone for the Pixel 6 Pro. Finally released in Singapore.

Loving it so far. Size will take some getting used to, especially coming from the Pixel 3 which feels insanely light and compact everytime I hold it after using the 6pro.
    02-19-2022 08:02 PM