Is it normal that update from Android 9 to 12 takes several hours? Phone is brand new.
    12-30-2021 07:46 AM
    I imagine that a phone that's never been turned on in 3 years would have a lot of updates to install. I imagine some of them may have to be done incrementally, so the answer is probably yes.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-30-2021 08:50 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! There should be many incremental updates -- in fact, I think it would have to install each monthly update separately. There's no cumulative update that happens.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    12-30-2021 01:26 PM
    I just went through that on my pixel 3XL a while back... it won't do every monthly security update individually, it groups them together and makes pretty quick work of them (unlike my Moto phone, which literally took hours), but it will update the Android version one at a time, with a restart required between each one. Once you get to 12 factory reset it if you want the best experience
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-31-2021 06:20 AM
    I just went through that on my pixel 3XL a while back... it won't do every monthly security update individually, it groups them together and makes pretty quick work of them (unlike my Moto phone, which literally took hours), but it will update the Android version one at a time, with a restart required between each one. Once you get to 12 factory reset it if you want the best experience
    I can't quite remember the details(gettin' old), but I recall having to do a crap-ton of updates with a previous Pixel phone (I think it was my 3a XL). Maybe they've improved that process nowadays?
    J Dubbs likes this.
    12-31-2021 11:15 AM
    Make sure your WiFi is good , it shouldn't take several hours
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-02-2022 11:46 AM