Spacebar minimizes keyboard

feral turtle

Feb 4, 2022
Visit site
Stratus c5 elite android 11 Gboard text entry window crashes when tap spacebar other keys on bottom row also. I have cleared gboard cache, updated Gboard, tried replacing Gboard, turned off swipe typingb

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using gesture navigation or 3 button navigation? Is it possible you're tapping just below the spacebar and instead tapping the Home or Back button?

feral turtle

Feb 4, 2022
Visit site
Didn't realize my question made it here till now. New phone, first smart phone, new board, and a virtual keyboard that ricochets off the desk when i try to type something.

I know now the problem is the screen, not the keyboard. Gboard works fine whenever i float it up the screen. And *any* keyboard or text entry window at the bottom of the screen *does* have the problem.

Above the navigation buttons on the bottom of the screen, a half inch or so, where the bottom part of the keyboard would be - touching that part of the keyboard DOES NOT touch the keyboard at all - instead, it touches the screen *Behind* the keyboard. Home page, desktop, what's the term. Open pages get minimized, swiped up, and they're not visible.

I don't know the terms, the language, and none of this feels familiar - i don't know what's normal or obvious. I've tried to paint a picture, and it you could translate my gibberish, i bet you'd turn into a couple of clear concise sentences describing a simple problem with an easy fix.

Clearing keyboard data and cache didn't help.

feral turtle

Feb 4, 2022
Visit site
And a fine job you did, cleaning up that awful mess. Of course i thought four times was standard, now that just seems silly. Appreciate the heads-up!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector on? If so, try taking it off. A poorly fitting or poorly designed screen protector can cause problems with touch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2